Joined a gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakey

Midfield
Is it going to be full of bellends and what can i do to not look like a tit :lol:

I'm already self conscious about going as i'm a heftier gentleman

just go in with the attitude that you dont know everything and that you can always learn from other people. And don't wear flossys. That should see you okay really.

The trouble with the majority of gyms I've been in, is that 50% of the people using them are there for a social/posing thing, which gets on my tits.

I'm a bigger fella of 16 stone and basically as long as i was happy doing my training, getting in the gym doing what i needed and getting out, i was happy with that. decent trainers will offer decent advice, and pick you up where you're going wrong. And you shouldnt give a fuck what the knob heads think, the real trainers wont watch and stare, as they'll be concentrating on what they're doing.

thats why i prefered a gym like 'marine House' over the 'DW Fitness' gym, as it had a much higher percentage of people who were there to train, and i got more advice from the people in there than anywhere else.

Anyone. Am member at a dw gym? That's the closest to me like but never been

I went to the gym for the first time in 4 or 5 month because of injury, tried to lift the weight I was lifting before I got injured... epic fail :oops::lol:

matt_catchpennie said:
One at Belmont??? im a member there, go about 4 times a week, and i have to be honest, majority of people in there are posers.

oh and the odd fit lass ha.

Aye, although I rarely go to the gym but that's the one I'm a member of

maninthelighthouse said:
Anyone. Am member at a dw gym? That's the closest to me like but never been

I used to be, there are a lot of posers get in more interested in sitting at a machine texting than doing a workout. Then there's the folk who go in to impress, wearing all their best gear. Its ok apart from that, it can get busy at peak times and you may have to wait your turn in the weights section but I guess that's true at most places. I left because they had only two power racks and only hexagonal plates.

I used to be, there are a lot of posers get in more interested in sitting at a machine texting than doing a workout. Then there's the folk who go in to impress, wearing all their best gear.

The one in Dundee is the same. I go before work and you'd be surprised how many posers get there at 6:30am!

How much is Bannatyne a month if you don't mind me asking?

38 quid a month mate, you get full use of swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room etc. also get money off specialized sessions, and personal trainers.

Equipment's all good, good changing rooms and all that, only real downside is you get quite a few posers going in, and not enough proper trainers.

38 quid a month mate, you get full use of swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room etc. also get money off specialized sessions, and personal trainers.

Equipment's all good, good changing rooms and all that, only real downside is you get quite a few posers going in, and not enough proper trainers.[/QUOTE]

Same as Virgin Active up doxford

Cheers lads, £38 is cheaper than I thought it would be. Nee worries about me posing just yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back