Johnson's post game comments

Two good goals?
One of them was a dubious penalty.
Dubious pen?
Absolute blatant pen marra.
09 pulled back, arms all around him. He'd have easily scored if he wasn't fouled
Their penalty was as much of one as ours. Both fouls that are rarely penalised.
Theirs was loads softer
Wright turned and their player was the wrong side. Hardly held at all

He needs to stop going 3 centre backs in last ten mins and inviting pressure
We’ve got away with it previously but not today
How do you know the pressure isn't coming anyway? Teams are going to go more direct regardless as they're chasing the game. It's worked literally every time prior to today.

I've not long got home I thought all the way back it had been given for handball by onien but I'd only seen it in the ground at the time, got what we deserved with our game management absolutely appalling, we didn't slow nowt down then conceded possession time and again, we had enough old heads on that field at 80 mins that should never have happened, hope Johnsons had some tough words with them as 2 big points dropped

He said he’s going to go around to the ref’s house. It was a stupid thing to say, to be honest.

It was a car crash of an interview. Threatening referees is not a good idea. He should send McAllister out to face the cameras if he hasn't calmed down enough to be more objective.

LJ is always on about his philosophy, well, you have to be philosophical about refereeing decisions in this league. The standard is not good, and you get decisions that go against you. But you also get decisions that go for you that shouldn't. Learn to live with it.

His argument that you need 3 goals to win because a poor decision will gift the opposition one, is sophistry. Half the time, you'll only need to work for 1 goal, because you'll be the team advantaged by the officials!

Wright fouled him, had his shirt up his back. Soft? Probably. But a penna.

LJ has us in a good position, playing well, and with Speakman's help he's assembled an exciting young squad. Just the interview and his subs that I'd be critical of today. He's doing well in the larger scheme of things. Joint top with a game in hand on a lot of the teams below us. Today doesn't make him a crap manager.

Last edited:
Whilst I don't applaud his comments, it shows he is up for the fight to get promoted. However, anything that is said in the heat of the moment that crosses a line should be, when given time to calm down, followed with an apology. Just my opinion, but that is the right thing to do.

He's fuming today. That's good. Ha'way Lee lad👍🤘

So Lee. You tell the players they need to score 3 goals to win games in this league, but when we’re 2-0 up you take off the players who could create that third goal.

Have a word with yourself.
He told them that for the second half but the game evolved and we were unable to do so?

Why didnt we go and get a third when we were 2 up then Lee ?
Exactly.
Jack Ross MK2.
Fleetwood absolutely there for the taking but as per, we sit back instead of going for the jugular, play neither nowt nor summat footy, and pay the price.
Hope LJ learns quicker than Ross did or we are fkd.

Back