John O'Shea

Given they’re skint, it’s probably the best option they have

Hope he does well, he’s a decent bloke
Reading between the lines of the Sunday Times article the English CEO of FAI is not helping their cause with the Irish government.
Good luck to him. Tough job but hard to see him making things worse. Wonder if he's going to donit as player manager :D

Roll on the united Ireland team.
It used to be a United Ireland but they spilt because they weren't picking many republic players.

Last edited:
Reading between the lines of the Sunday Times article the English CEO of FAI is not helping their cause with the Irish government.

It used to be a United Ireland but they spilt because they weren't picking many republic players.
Aye, know that. Rather hoping the distinction is removed altogether.

Yeah, but why they not announce a new manager now instead of in a months time lol

It's like asking why haven't Sunderland announced a new manager yet.

FAI haven't got a pot to piss in. Lee Carsley was first choice but they can't even afford his asking salary and given how he has the same credentials as Southgate who got promoted with Southgate on his way out, his heart's not fully in the Ireland job neither so its onto plan B.
I think the trio of Roy, John and Duff need to be involved in some capacity. Roy did well with the national team until results went badly and took personal issue with Harry Arter being a mercenary and chasing him down hotel corridors, its an improvement on kicking tactics boards atleast.

Last edited:
It's like asking why haven't Sunderland announced a new manager yet.

FAI haven't got a pot to piss in. Lee Carsley was first choice but they can't even afford his asking salary and given how he has the same credentials as Southgate who got promoted with Southgate on his way out, his heart's not fully in the Ireland job neither so its onto plan B.
I think the trio of Roy, John and Duff need to be involved in some capacity. Roy did well with the national team until results went badly and took personal issue with Harry Arter being a mercenary and chasing him down hotel corridors, its an improvement on kicking tactics boards atleast.
Duff despises the FAI and I doubt will ever work for them again . He is doing a fantastic job on a shoe string at Shelbourne . Seems to love LOI and going by his interviews doesn't even have any interest working abroad .

Duff despises the FAI and I doubt will ever work for them again . He is doing a fantastic job on a shoe string at Shelbourne . Seems to love LOI and going by his interviews doesn't even have any interest working abroad .

That's right Duffer recently described the LOI as the greatest league in the world.

As you say he's doing brilliantly having beaten Bohs in the FAI cup final last season.

Back