Jobe To Juventus?

I don't get the Jobe chat. When was the last time we had an 18yr old who looked as comfortable playing at this level for so many games and scored half a dozen goals?

What is it, 8 goals and 1 assist in his first real 2/3 of a season at 17 or 18?

He is hit and miss but that is a great return for a young lad.

If them stats were for another team's player people would be shouting about his potential.

He wont be going anywhere this summer. He will leave in 2025 to a prem team with the hope of then breaking into the World Cup Squad in 2026.

Not a chance he will be in an England senior squad in two years. Just a hunch.

Im not saying he will be, its pretty clear the Bellinghams have plans in place. E.G Jude to Dortmund rather than United so he gets a certain amount of minutes. Have a listen to the Overlap with Soljkshar about it.

Not really no, we sign young untested players with huge sell on clauses in order to get them in the first place

Thats our model and nobody is doing it on our scale so no not the same as anywhere else
I’ve been banging on about adopting sell-ons as an opening gambit for about 15yrs on here and since the mid 80s irl. It’s how Wimbledon cobbled together the players that took them from non league to the PL. My other theory was the loons n locals model.
We cant compete with the big boys so need to think out of the box.

It’s because he’s had a few bad games recently.

If we did that with every young player (sell them on a bad run of form for a couple of months) we won’t have a team.
……and he’s had those few baddish games because he has been overplayed for an 18yr old.
I just can't see this happening.
Me neither. If the likes of Juve are sniffing around then I can see RM stepping in just in case.

Back