Jobe To Juventus?

“everyone wanting shot of him”, what an absolutely ridiculous statement from yourself.
Poor turn of phrase admittedly - I meant I don't understand those that do want shot of him not that that was the prevailing view. I've seen a lot of comments particularly on here about cashing in on the lad

He's not awful and clubs with big enough pockets will be willing to gamble there is a genetic element, so he may have the talent his brother does, but also if Juventus ever wanted to try and sign Jude then having his brother would do them favours. There are a handful of examples of world class players having their brothers signed by the same club.

Why say that like u think hes shit.....hes 18 for goodness sakes......got a tremendous future and by the time hes 21( which is 3 seasons) im sure he ll be top top player.......people forget how old these kids are at times....hes already surpassed wahtever he did last year....
Exactly. As I posted on another thread: at his age:

- Roy Keane was playing for Cobh Ramblers
- Jordan Henderson hadn't even gone out on loan to Coventry yet
- Declan Rice had played 1 minute of senior football
- Corry Evans had played no senior football
- Luka Modric was two years away from breaking into the Dynamo Zagreb team

Just a random bunch I Googled. And they weren't great players sat on the bench or in the reserves for no reason. They would have been out of their depth if they'd been put in to play at high level at that age.

I don't get the Jobe chat. When was the last time we had an 18yr old who looked as comfortable playing at this level for so many games and scored half a dozen goals?
This. He hasn’t been great recently but lost kids his age have barely played above their own age group.

He’s got an incredible career ahead of him. Doubt he’ll ever be as good as his brother but who is? Jude is probably the best in the word atm. The comparisons are incredible unfair and Jobe doesn’t want them, that’s why he’s essentially ditched the Bellingham name.

Wouldn't be that fussed if we sold him for a decent price, 8-10m I reckon. Is there any sell on clauses?

There will be a big sell on clause. 8-10 million is nowhere near enough. At only 18 playing so many championship games I'd want 15 mil bare minimum in today's market, no doubt the Bellingham name adds a few million alone.

I don't get the Jobe chat. When was the last time we had an 18yr old who looked as comfortable playing at this level for so many games and scored half a dozen goals?
It’s because he’s had a few bad games recently.

If we did that with every young player (sell them on a bad run of form for a couple of months) we won’t have a team.

Back