Jobe (though discussion about Pritchard and Ekwah)

He doesn’t need a rest, he needs more games.

He’s a brilliant footballer but he needs to learn to get his body in the way and take a hit.

Two contrasting instances on Saturday, the one where he let the ball run across him and took out 3 players. Class.

The one where the balls there and he needs to get hold of it, (about 18 minutes in) and he jumps on the floor and their lad just runs out with it… not so class

There’s a few this season and I know the game has moved on, but I’ve kept thinking back to Reid’s comments in the Premier Passions doc.

‘Put your body there, make them hit you. Men against boys, weak as piss’

He’s not the only culprit, Burstow, Ekwah, Hemir etc.

It’ll come with games. But this is what you get when you sign players who’s only experience is U23’s…

Rather than a rest he'd benefit from playing in the same position week in week out. He's been shoved all over the place and that hasn't helped him.
The way we were set up against Stoke seemed to work well. Neil sitting deeper and right footed Jobe on the left and left footed Ekwah on the right. Inverted midfielders for the win.

He’s been bang average for a while but the current options to replace him are worse. He barely played previously for a team nowhere near as good as us.

It was "Evident on Saturday the lads relaxed" ...... without Pritchard he/we played better 🤔

We played well, against a poor side who let us break the lines. They also let Gooch go 1v1 vs Clarke who tore him to shreds.

I’m not saying he’s perfect, but our best performances come when we have real experience in the side. This season it’s Pritchard, last season it was Evans, Batth or O’Nien.

Just an observation and if he maintains the level then I’ll hold my hands up.

Put a good midfielder in this team. Someone who literally covers and tells everyone else where to stand. Corey Evans, Sam Morsy, Joe Rothwell… we are 3rd or 4th probably.

Sometimes you need the barking…

He doesn’t need a rest, he needs more games.

He’s a brilliant footballer but he needs to learn to get his body in the way and take a hit.

Two contrasting instances on Saturday, the one where he let the ball run across him and took out 3 players. Class.

The one where the balls there and he needs to get hold of it, (about 18 minutes in) and he jumps on the floor and their lad just runs out with it… not so class

There’s a few this season and I know the game has moved on, but I’ve kept thinking back to Reid’s comments in the Premier Passions doc.

‘Put your body there, make them hit you. Men against boys, weak as piss’

He’s not the only culprit, Burstow, Ekwah, Hemir etc.

It’ll come with games. But this is what you get when you sign players who’s only experience is U23’s…

Agreed. We have to remember the lad is still only 18 and his first season as a regular. If we look back to the likes of Neil, who is also still relatively young, you see the improvements in front of your eyes. I think once he gets to 100 games, we're going to be looking at him in awe.

He’s been bang average for a while but the current options to replace him are worse. He barely played previously for a team nowhere near as good as us.
I'd give Rigg more time possibly in rotation with Jobe, who will become a great player in time but like Ekwah needs to get a bit more nasty and use his strength and power more, both are beasts and should be bossing opposition midfielders, will definitely come in time for both and when the penny drops we'll have a couple of very expensive gems on our hands, Rigg for whatever reason seems a bit more streetwise and cocky and for a kid doesn't mind the physical elements, even though he's even younger and without the physique of the other two, he's northern 😉 👊

Back