Jessops in the pap ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

First of all its such a shame that its came to this. Here's hoping a deal can be struck to save as many jobs as possible and keep the company afloat in some form.

On a personal level I'm quite frustrated having received vouchers for Xmas. I knew Jessops were in dodgy ground but unfortunately my parents got me them as a surprise. They were only purchased Xmas eve so a little over two weeks ago and vouchers could be purchased still right up until 2.30 today. I realise from Jessops perspective they are going concern right up until admin but it just can't be right that consumers can purchase vouchers in good faith when a company is on the verge of going under. Now I play the waiting game to see what happens but I'm not hopeful. Last year the same happened to my other half with Peacocks vouchers for xmas who went into admin a few weeks later and last month she was finally offered a creditor settlement of 24p for her £45 worth of vouchers.

Not hard to see why really.

Just had a look at a Lowepro lens case and it's £11.50 cheaper on Amazon. :eek:

Imagine if Amazon actually had to pay tax.

Will soon be nothing but pound shops on our high streets.

How much have you lost out on... if you dont mind me asking?

Bloody disgrace really... the vouchers should be honoured... theyve ha dthe cash!!!

Its £50 but could've been a lot worse as last year I was saving up for my D90 and at this time I had almost £400 in Jessops vouchers through bdays/Xmas and other gifts.

It's my parents who I feel sorry for as they are obviously embarrassed having bought the vouchers for me as my Xmas gift and it could materialise to be worthless. I'm trying to find out if they bought them on any kind of card as it may be that there is an option to chargeback.

Its £50 but could've been a lot worse as last year I was saving up for my D90 and at this time I had almost £400 in Jessops vouchers through bdays/Xmas and other gifts.

It's my parents who I feel sorry for as they are obviously embarrassed having bought the vouchers for me as my Xmas gift and it could materialise to be worthless. I'm trying to find out if they bought them on any kind of card as it may be that there is an option to chargeback.

You know and I know they shouldnt feel embarrassed. I wish we could all print off gift vouchers and not bother honouring them

You know and I know they shouldnt feel embarrassed. I wish we could all print off gift vouchers and not bother honouring them

Yep. Just one if those things really. I'm just a minor stake holder in the grand scheme of things. Im reading stories on the photography forums of people who placed significant orders of £500+ earlier in the week that may not even receive them despite paying. Lets just hope these kjnd of orders were on credit cards.

Yep. Just one if those things really. I'm just a minor stake holder in the grand scheme of things. Im reading stories on the photography forums of people who placed significant orders of £500+ earlier in the week that may not even receive them despite paying. Lets just hope these kjnd of orders were on credit cards.

Funny thing is the grand I still owe Jessops for my lenses bought on 10 months interest free will no doubt still have to be honoured... shame they don't share the same theory for those who they actually owe things too!

Funny thing is the grand I still owe Jessops for my lenses bought on 10 months interest free will no doubt still have to be honoured... shame they don't share the same theory for those who they actually owe things too!

I'm in the same boat. They have £50 of my money yet I'm still making finance payments for a Jessops purchase that I made last year on their 10 months Internet free. It's just a shame I owe a finance company rather than Jessops themselves otherwise I'd be seeking advice on stopping the payments.

Lad at the camera club has £180 in vouchers from christmas and his birthday - which was MONDAY!! Fair to say hes not happy, was looking at getting a new lens in a couple of months.

Lad at the camera club has £180 in vouchers from christmas and his birthday - which was MONDAY!! Fair to say hes not happy, was looking at getting a new lens in a couple of months.

:eek:

Stock market vouchers... the amount you put in will probably not be the amount you get out.

Legalised theft in my opinion

Great comment... and it wouldnt suprise me if it got rather nasty in store

"And personally if I had just spend £3000 on a camera and you were telling me I couldn’t have it, but are not giving me a refund either, I think I would be burning the shop down."

Jesus... and how many people (vouchers aside) have paid for gear only to find now, they are unlikely to get any money back?

Who's next???

HMV
Burton
Topshop
Game

Whos gone???
Woolworths
Comet
Jessops
Gamestation
Adams
Zavvi

From jessops web site (while its still there)
I nearly bought my lens from them.. glad I went with Clifton

The notice below sets out important information for customers.

Gift vouchers – Gift cards and vouchers are unable to be honoured, Jessops will not be trading on-line or via the store network. If you wish to register a claim in respect of an unredeemed voucher, please see information on registering claims below.

Pre-paid orders / deposits – Customers who have ordered and paid for all or part of their stock either in store or online will not receive their stock purchase. Customers who have paid using credit cards should contact their credit card company to try and seek resolution to this matter. If you are unable to obtain a refund through your credit card company and wish to register a claim, please see the information below.

Repairs – Where possible customers should liaise with the repair agent to arrange return of their asset and third party repair agents have been notified about this. If you do not know which repair agent has possession of your asset, we have requested the repair agents to contact customers directly as well.

Please note that the estimate of the costs of repair will need to be agreed with the repair agents directly, and there is no guarantee that previously agreed estimate costs will be honoured by the repair agents.

Manufacturer warranties – Our current understanding is that manufacturers will continue to honour the warranties sold through the Jessops stores.

Jessop Care Plan – This is a product provided by Jessops’ partner Domestic and General. We understand that Domestic and General will continue to honour these care plans. Please contact Domestic and General on 08444 810 500 with any queries.

Academy courses – Unfortunately customers who have pre paid for academy courses will not receive a refund and these courses will not take place following the store closures. Customers who have paid using credit cards should contact their credit card company to try and seek resolution to this matter. If you are unable to obtain a refund through your credit card company and wish to register a claim, please see the information below.

Photo / photo product orders – Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee the return of photo orders that have not been collected in store by the end of trading on Friday 11 January. We have asked the store managers where possible to contact customers to arrange collection of these as soon as possible. For uncollected photos we will ask for these to be disposed of as confidential information.

Repairs in store on closure - Store Managers have been requested to contact customers directly if repairs have been returned to the shops, this will be done post closure and collection arranged with the manager. Please do not attend the store unless advised by the manager as access will otherwise not be possible.

Registering a claim. If you are owed money by Jessops (e.g. due to vouchers not honoured, deposits, returns, pre-paid courses etc) you can register an unsecured creditor claim with the administrators using the form on the PwC website (http://www.pwc.co.uk/jessops). Please note, there is no guarantee that there will be any payment to unsecured creditors of the company. If there is a dividend paid, this will be in many months time and is likely to be only a small proportion of the claimed amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back