Jermain Defoe (no longer a rumour)

You don't understand the footballing mentality . Adding a Y to the end of someone's makes them sound well liked and a popular member of the team. It's a very inclusive thing to do.

Lee Johnson was a great proponent of the practice although I have to say that I did notice that when he was here no one ever seemed to add a Y to the end of his name :eek:
Reidy and Sacko were experts at it.

Reidy and Sacko were experts at it.
Ah ! That beg's the question of whether replacing the end of of someone's name with an "O" is as good as just adding a Y to the end of it and what determins that choice

After all we call the great man Keano and certainly not Keaney (which could lead to the receipt of a bunch of fives) & there is of course Sacko himself.

May be the op should have called him DeFoeO

Last edited:
You don't understand the footballing mentality . Adding a Y to the end of someone's name makes them sound well liked and a popular member of the team. It's a very inclusive thing to do.

Lee Johnson was a great proponent of the practice although I have to say that I did notice that when he was here no one ever seemed to add a Y to the end of his name :eek:
LJ was a a big fan of calling Stewart Rosscoe as well.

Ah ! That beg's the question of whether replacing the end of of someone's name with an "O" is as good as just adding a Y to the end of it and what determins that choice

After all we call the great man Keano and certainly not Keaney (which could lead to the receipt of a bunch of fives) & there is of course Sacko himself.

May be the op should have called him DeFoeO
I think a split between ys and os.
We have Rossco one notable example.
Some fannies wont believe that on the training ground Philipsy was Philipsy.
Bally,Monty,Hughesy, its endless

It's brilliant to hear someone of his ilk and calibre speak so highly of the club, the fans and the area. He's absolutely buzzing to be back, he just gets SAFC.

Goes to show what shitehawks all the useless plodders were who completely took the piss out of the club and couldn't be arsed to invest themselves into it.

Ha'way the lads!

'you're Jermain defoe'
'yes'
'you play in attack'
"yes'
'I play attack too'
'so?'
'are you better than me?'
'Well, I've never met you, but... yes'
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I never appreciated the "Who've we got here?" until now just because everything after it was so funny.

Some lunatic running up to your car window knocking on it going "Who's in here?" man :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: I just said I came across your Instagram through Jermain Defoe, he posted that he was there today. She said "Ah right yeah?" and I said "Im a Sunderland fan and was just wondering if he happened to mention if he was signing for Sunderland?" and she said "Oh no sorry, we didn't talk about football, just food". I said "Okay no problem, thanks for your time" and she said "No problem, follow us on instagram"
She must have thought you were mental 🤣🤣🤣

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I never appreciated the "Who've we got here?" until now just because everything after it was so funny.

Some lunatic running up to your car window knocking on it going "Who's in here?" man :lol:
“It’s DORIS THE TEA LADY EVERYONE!” As everyone starts cheering :lol:

Imagine Defoe sitting in the back as a bloke in a romper suit with a bog brush is hammering “who is it? Who’s in there?” Probably thought he was being carjacked :lol:

Back