Jermain Defoe (no longer a rumour)

It’s mad, isn’t it?
He was at fault for Flanagan missing the ball on the half-way line last week before Accrington scored, missing his clearance which led to Lincoln’s penalty and Winchester’s red card; and for Gooch’s airshot before Maguire got the third. I’ve seen and heard him blamed for almost every individual error a player makes. I don’t understand how that works

You're probably sitting in front of @TravellingMackem

Let’s get this straight, we need a big attacking threat ( like Ladapo ) to play along side Ross or in case he gets injured. Full stop. If we can get JD this will be for the short term to come on as an impact player from the bench and he’s likely to score from the chances we create and gain maximum points. He would give the team, squad, club and the area an immediate lift with his qualities and personality. As I’ve said before we badly need heroes like him working as an ambassador or within the club when he hangs up his boots.

On his play style, a load said he couldn’t do the lone striker role when Allardyce came in.

Then he did.. magnificently if truth be told.

Aye he’s 39, but by all accounts he’s in good nick for his age, and you can imagine he still has the quality

On his play style, a load said he couldn’t do the lone striker role when Allardyce came in.

Then he did.. magnificently if truth be told.

Aye he’s 39, but by all accounts he’s in good nick for his age, and you can imagine he still has the quality
He’s adaptable certainly. I can imagine him enjoying a lot of chances given the attacking midfield and wing options we have. I also think he and Stewart would create space for each other if played together.

Fingers crossed for a nice surprise tomorrow.

It is short term in the playing capacity anyway but that's fine, we've seen many teams prosper from this through the ages.

If we bring Defoe in I'd be highly surprised if we look for more striking options though. Might be the last signing of this window even though I'd love a big CM as well.

If we signed Defoe, it's unlikely we'll have room for anyone else over 21 in the wage cap.

If he was in it for the money hed have signed for a team by now, its obvious he wants to sign off with a club he loves, he will sign for us this week.

Back