Jermain Defoe (no longer a rumour)

He's 5ft 7 and got Allardyce to play him as a lone striker- he's definitely got something about him.

Already when he came to us he'd adapted his game to make up for pace-
Has always kept himself in shape (I remember a story from Allardyce saying he was blown away when he was talking about getting a cryochamber thing for the club and Defoe already having one of his own. To look after his knees)
It's sentimental I admit but gives us a totally different option and tbh reminds me of Keane signing Dwight Yorke-
It's certainly a better reunion than Danny Graham

He is here in NE, just did a bit for the BBC.
But he has not signed anything yet. That was at 10.00am today.

According to an agent, it was a yes I'd come back if all things were right.
But they are not right just yet.
I’d imagine we need a couple of players out to make some salary room. We have players long term injured. I noticed 09 was training today and we’d have a lot of midfielders with one more in and similarly attacking players when Broadheads back and defenders in March. Can’t have too big a squad financially, nor for keeping players involved. I wonder I f they need AOB out ?

I’d imagine we need a couple of players out to make some salary room. We have players long term injured. I noticed 09 was training today and we’d have a lot of midfielders with one more in and similarly attacking players when Broadheads back and defenders in March. Can’t have too big a squad financially, nor for keeping players involved. I wonder I f they need AOB out ?
The AOB point seems pretty plausible. Seem to recall we didn’t have much left in the wage budget and I suspect Roberts will swallow that up if we presume Alves and Batth cancel each other out.

Squad isn’t exactly massive. Two for each position basically with AOB and a few kids.
I suspect the recalled lads will all go back on loan and we will try to get rid of AOB but don’t expect many senior departures.

I wouldn't be suprised if we see Denver Hume got out on loan. Theres no way he gets in ahead of Cirkin and there is Gooch and O'Nein who can play there. Then Huggins when hes back. I don't see where Hume fits

Back