Jay Matete returns to SAFC

Interesting this and becoming a recurring theme.
It's almost as if the data, whilst being good at showing passes, movement, distance covered, assists, defensive tracking back, ball carrying forward stats and the like, is completely unable to demonstrate physical resilience. Not surprising really bearing in mind the youthful nature of the subjects.
Wouldn't be a problem with more experienced and seasoned players though who have a track record in this regard.
Just saying.....
There would also be data on that though.

Probably not in Matete's case, but we're bringing in kids who are going from U18/U23's games to high intensity, mens Championship football every week. The data on these kids clearly doesn't take into account the physical or mental demands that first team competitive football brings.

Ideally, the inexperienced kids get minutes of the bench first, before moving on to rotation and then starting, but given that the clubs recruitment strategy is to get shot of any worthwhile experience, long term injuries are likely to continue to be common at the club.

The point I'm making is that only with time does a players resilience to injury become apparent. The data cannot pick up on this hence all the sick notes Speakman is unearthing. This and over playing them too.
Bottom line is we need a blend of youth and experience within the squad. For experience read proven track record at Championship level AND resilience to injury.

Our medical team aren’t fit for purpose :evil:
Interesting this and becoming a recurring theme.
It's almost as if the data, whilst being good at showing passes, movement, distance covered, assists, defensive tracking back, ball carrying forward stats and the like, is completely unable to demonstrate physical resilience. Not surprising really bearing in mind the youthful nature of the subjects.
Wouldn't be a problem with more experienced and seasoned players though who have a track record in this regard.
Just saying.....
matate was signed pre data and is an experienced seasoned player
He’s obviously out on lo

The white text makes no difference to the point I was making. I didn't see it when I first responded as my eyesight is poor without specs. If Doeboy thinks he's been clever by adding that he can feck off. I've had a shite day today with the Tom Lynn news & need to come off here 😵‍💫.
Sorry to hear you’re having a bad day mate but I’m sure you can appreciate having a go at me because you missed satire is a tad unfair? Hope your day improves.

Our medical team aren’t fit for purpose :evil:

He’s obviously out on loan
I fully appreciate impact injuries and without knowing the quality of our medical and conditioning staff…you have to say the injuries and length of time players are out it looks like another area of the club where corners are being cut

Again i fully appreciate other clubs get injuries but our injuries appear to be horrific in comparison.

It's worrying how many of our players get over injuries but then seem to brake down again soon after, Embleton, Huggins, Alese, Cirkin just off the top of my head..

Sorry to hear you’re having a bad day mate but I’m sure you can appreciate having a go at me because you missed satire is a tad unfair? Hope your day improves.
Thanks mate. What I missed was your white text, as I'm blind as a bat without me specs! That said, many people on the spectrum simply don't do satire and sarcasm. As such, it's not unreasonable to suggest that some would have a go at you for a post like yours. Anyway, I'm calm now and no harm done, I hope 👍.

Ooooh nearly went for it.....saw the white text though :lol:
:lol:
Thanks mate. What I missed was your white text, as I'm blind as a bat without me specs! That said, many people on the spectrum simply don't do satire and sarcasm. As such, it's not unreasonable to suggest that some would have a go at you for a post like yours. Anyway, I'm calm now and no harm done, I hope 👍.
All good marra

I had to think hard to name squad players who are (hardly ever) injured and i came up with Dan Neil, and Ant Patto and thats it. Sick notes all over the place. Somethings not right imo.

Back