January challenge - Bokeh - Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Err...every pic has bokeh in it. :confused:

Nice shot Madmackem - tried something similar with the mirror lens and Christmas tree lights, donuts looked great but let down by the foreground.

think he means number of entrants.. must be a little bit of yank coming through. Dont know why he can't talk proper like ;)

Just realised it's the last day of the month and I've not submitted a pic!

Not sure I have much in the way of Bokeh shots taken this month and doubt I'll have chance to do anything proper tonight.

Might just hoy something up with a blurred foreground and wait to be chastised for it :lol:

Just realised it's the last day of the month and I've not submitted a pic!

Not sure I have much in the way of Bokeh shots taken this month and doubt I'll have chance to do anything proper tonight.

Might just hoy something up with a blurred foreground and wait to be chastised for it :lol:

that's what I've done.. tis still bokeh by definition but expect to be told it dose not meet the theme :lol:

According to the font of all wisdom, Wikipedia, "Bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur in out-of-focus areas of an image."

So foreground or background should be immaterial.

Unless TiredEyes says otherwise, of course.

Took a couple today but not up to the standard thats there already so will defer for this month, just getting to grips with me new equipment anarl, was much more straight forward with me phone! And that photo of the car (an Edsel iirc?) by One, that taken in Seligman, Arizona?? If so been there, pathetic etc I know :cool:

Took a couple today but not up to the standard thats there already so will defer for this month, just getting to grips with me new equipment anarl, was much more straight forward with me phone! And that photo of the car (an Edsel iirc?) by One, that taken in Seligman, Arizona?? If so been there, pathetic etc I know :cool:

Rubbish, get one posted up!

Rubbish, get one posted up!

Ow man, I get stick when I put stuff on I think is good! Got my new camera just in time for the snow going then work and crap grey weather has got in the way, took a few on my phone in the snow but the ones already posted are infinitely better, next month though, watch out!

Andy that ISO!!!!!! Theres next to no noise!!!!!

The 500d at 6400 is noisy as.....

What camera did you buy again? The MKIII or the 6D???

Next challenge... the ISO factor!!!!?????

Andy that ISO!!!!!! Theres next to no noise!!!!!

The 500d at 6400 is noisy as.....

What camera did you buy again? The MKIII or the 6D???

Next challenge... the ISO factor!!!!?????

That's before any NR carried out too... here's one with a very quick NR reduction:

Logon or register to see this image

I bought the 5D MK III btw... I'm kind of blown away by the ISO performance tbh even though I knew it was going to be epic!

3 grand... couple of grand for glass.... Id never justify the cost unless I was daft rich

Camera was £2k and the lens £900... but yeah still ridiculously expensive when you think a 2nd hand car can be bought for less :lol:

Youll make it back in what... three or four gigs?

Aye exactly... already got enough jobs booked in to pretty much pay it off (bought the body on interest free credit card, and lens came out of my overdraft)... if I get a couple more bookings in before the end of the year (pretty much certain this will happen) i'll have paid everything off and also have a little extra to maybe an extra toy or 2 (probs phottix odin trigger / receivers).

After that I'm going to have to start making a profit though as everything I make at the moment gets ploughed straight back in, so the wife is starting to ask when I'm going to be making a profit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back