January 1969 Led Zeppelin’s 1st album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Grants favourite Led Zeppelin album as well.

It's outstanding and still sounds fresh today as when I first heard it in the late 70's when I started to get into music as a kid.

Wasn’t that what Keith Moon said when he first heard Led Zeppelin?
Not 100%, but I think he asked about the band name, and as they were a vague continuation of the yardbirds linage speculated that calling themselves the yardbirds mk ii would go down like a...

Reactions: dom
Not 100%, but I think he asked about the band name, and as they were a vague continuation of the yardbirds linage speculated that calling themselves the yardbirds mk ii would go down like a...
Yeah sounds about right.

I'm sure it was a conversation between Pete Townsend and Keith Moon and when Page heard about the lead balloon reference he came up with Zeppelin instead and also removed the a from lead.

Ah the red snapper incident, it was allegedly filmed by someone from the band vanilla fudge but it has never surfaced.

I think the story first appeared in Richard Cole's Hammer of the Gods book (the journalist Stepehen Davis is listed as the author but it all came from Cole). It's a good book apart from lots of the facts of who, where and what are often incorrect.

I'm sure it was a conversation between Pete Townsend and Keith Moon and when Page heard about the lead balloon reference he came up with Zeppelin instead and also removed the a from lead.

Ah the red snapper incident, it was allegedly filmed by someone from the band vanilla fudge but it has never surfaced.

I think the story first appeared in Richard Cole's Hammer of the Gods book (the journalist Stepehen Davis is listed as the author but it all came from Cole). It's a good book apart from lots of the facts of who, where and what are often incorrect.
Was a squid wasn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back