James Franklin

Why? What can a 'T20' coach do that Franklin can't? Unless someone from within is going to be promoted to that position then it's a pointless waste of money.
Maybe it's a step to having two squads (with overlap). He can work with players assigned to T20 on T20 skills while the CC games are ongoing.. he also has time to scout and plan strategies while the CC coach is occupied and concentrating of other cricket.

#speculation

I would be all for splitting the T20 role from the main role, but not sure it will make much difference when the franchise stuff comes in. If we had a proper T20 title to aim at fair enough, seems a bit of a waste though.

I would be all for splitting the T20 role from the main role, but not sure it will make much difference when the franchise stuff comes in. If we had a proper T20 title to aim at fair enough, seems a bit of a waste though.
Do you mean the Hundred? Surely it won't matter at all because there won't be a Durham team and no one to follow - unless I've missed something.

Do you mean the Hundred? Surely it won't matter at all because there won't be a Durham team and no one to follow - unless I've missed something.

No the T20 that will be replacing the Blast. Unless its me that has missed something. I thought the 100 was on top of the new T20

No the T20 that will be replacing the Blast. Unless its me that has missed something. I thought the 100 was on top of the new T20
I thought the Blast stays - and Durham plays. The Hundred is new and is the new franchise comp with the nearest games being at Headingley.

could probably still do a job playing for Durham in 20/20 cricket
Was thinking that. Definite long handle wielded around 6 or 7. Just outside the power play

I thought the Blast stays - and Durham plays. The Hundred is new and is the new franchise comp with the nearest games being at Headingley.
the blast is staying. The 100 is extra, basically for the chosen few to tap up players, sorry I mean allow for the new audience to fill grounds that were full anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
"Franklin – who played 31 Test Matches and 110 ODI’s for New Zealand and is currently a coaching consultant at Brisbane Heat in the BBL – will be joined by Durham stalwarts Neil Killeen and Alan Walker who have also penned new deals with DCCC.

Killeen has accepted the position of Assistant Lead & Bowling High Performance Coach and Walker will take up the role of High Performance Assistant Coach with a focus on second team cricket."

Back