James Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

essex boy

Striker
Can you afford in a 4 man attack in tough conditions to have one of your bowlers going at over 50 a piece.

It puts a huge amount of pressure on other members of the attack to take 20 wickets if you have aspirations of winning a test/series

There is no question that he has improved but I am still not convinced that when the going gets tough, he is good enough to hold his own in a 4 man attack

When playing in alien conditions when your backs are against the wall I tend to find you find out more about a player than in a 'gimme home series'

Hopefully he will start taking some wickets in this series as ultimately England will not win a test without all the bowlers contributing in the wickets column

Its not sufficient to be 'doing a job' in these conditions as we need to him to take wickets

economy rate was good this morning, can reverse the ball later in the day and he is superb in the field. always in there for me.

if he keeps one end fairly tight and broad and co take wickets at the other end jobs a good un.

Last edited:
Can you afford in a 4 man attack in tough conditions to have one of your bowlers going at over 50 a piece.

It puts a huge amount of pressure on other members of the attack to take 20 wickets if you have aspirations of winning a test/series

There is no question that he has improved but I am still not convinced that when the going gets tough, he is good enough to hold his own in a 4 man attack

When playing in alien conditions when your backs are against the wall I tend to find you find out more about a player than in a 'gimme home series'

Hopefully he will start taking some wickets in this series as ultimately England will not win a test without all the bowlers contributing in the wickets column

Its not sufficient to be 'doing a job' in these conditions as we need to him to take wickets

I agree. Panesar shouldn't be going for more than 50 a piece.

Childish purefootballesque patter trying to get a nibble. The Strauss attempt backfired.

Grow up man ;)

Its a genuine point. If you throw into the mix the asian batsman should play spin better than most as they see so much of it, conversley it puts more pressure on the seamers to get wickets.

Swann has been slowly coming off the boil over the last few series (not an alarming drop in form by any means) but 'throw the ball to Swanny and he will get a wicket' hasnt really held true over the last few series.

I have consistently maintained that our bowling attack isnt as crash hot as what many others on here make it out to be. Thats not a criticism or wanting England to lose its just the harsh reality.

Australia of the 90/00 struggled in these conditions so its not easy but to maintain the number one spot you have to win or at least hold your own over here. I dont think we are good enough personally, take out the below names and the rest are nothing more than your average test cricketer when comparing to bygone eras when test cricket was the pinacle for all cricketers and not just those from three or four countries.

Pietersen
Cook
Broad
Prior
Bell
Trott

This is a huge game for Pietersen as I dont believe any of the other batsman have his ability to post a huge score over here (apart from maybe Cook) but KP does it at a tempo which will win a game.

Fail to win this test and Pakistan will produce a sure fire 5 day 'drawn test' wicket in the third test

Last edited:

Well no doubt you will be furious to discover that he has just taken 2 wickets to finish with an average of 23.

Well no doubt you will be furious to discover that he has just taken 2 wickets to finish with an average of 23.

Proof will be in the pudding over the course of the series.

Two number 11s

Its a genuine point. If you throw into the mix the asian batsman should play spin better than most as they see so much of it, conversley it puts more pressure on the seamers to get wickets.

Swann has been slowly coming off the boil over the last few series (not an alarming drop in form by any means) but 'throw the ball to Swanny and he will get a wicket' hasnt really held true over the last few series.

I have consistently maintained that our bowling attack isnt as crash hot as what many others on here make it out to be. Thats not a criticism or wanting England to lose its just the harsh reality.

Australia of the 90/00 struggled in these conditions so its not easy but to maintain the number one spot you have to win or at least hold your own over here. I dont think we are good enough personally, take out the below names and the rest are nothing more than your average test cricketer when comparing to bygone eras when test cricket was the pinacle for all cricketers and not just those from three or four countries.

Pietersen
Cook
Broad
Prior
Bell
Trott

This is a huge game for Pietersen as I dont believe any of the other batsman have his ability to post a huge score over here (apart from maybe Cook) but KP does it at a tempo which will win a game.Fail to win this test and Pakistan will produce a sure fire 5 day 'drawn test' wicket in the third test

Well Cook is playing his part so just need KP to deliver now.

If KP fails we will be out for 300 or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back