Jake Bugg @ the Sage last night

• Thread starter Deleted member 37772
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 37772

Anyone off here go? He was seriously good. Just him and his guitar. No band. No pissing about. Talented beyond his years imo.

He's OK but he has a team of songwriters. I know Johnny Cash and Elvis for example did not write all of their own stuff but they were not labelled as singer songwriters. Bugg was touted as a Dylan/Young kind of guy.
According to Wiki (I know), only 1 song on his first album was co-written, and none were on his 3rd and 4th. The second seems to be heavily co-written though.

I saw him support the Stone Roses back in 2013 and wasn’t that impressed. That song on the advert at the moment is the only one I can really remember TBH.

You’re really paranoid about people who listen to new music for some reason.
Just getting the defence in early Cyril. I've posted about 4 different bands/artists in the last week who I've been to see and each one of them has been slated by the same faces. All different styles etc. Just because they're a bit popular.

Went to see Friendly Fires last night at the Riverside and they were brilliant as always. They're not that popular anymore mind so perhaps they'll garner some support on here.

Just getting the defence in early Cyril. I've posted about 4 different bands/artists in the last week who I've been to see and each one of them has been slated by the same faces. All different styles etc. Just because they're a bit popular.

Went to see Friendly Fires last night at the Riverside and they were brilliant as always. They're not that popular anymore mind so perhaps they'll garner some support on here.

I’d honestly say that the ‘muso elitists’ all listen to commercial, popular music to. Loads of commercial stuff is reccomended on the new music page.
To play devils adviocate, the muso elitists could claim that their counterparts refuse to acknowledge any new genres or styles of music and dismiss anything other than Indy throwbacks as shite.

I’d honestly say that the ‘muso elitists’ all listen to commercial, popular music to. Loads of commercial stuff is reccomended on the new music page.
To play devils adviocate, the muso elitists could claim that their counterparts refuse to acknowledge any new genres or styles of music and dismiss anything other than Indy throwbacks as shite.
Truth, but I chat on about all sorts of bands etc. not just Indie stuff.

Mind you the whole Courteeners/Gerry Cinnamon/Good, Bad, Queen/Friendly Fires over the last 7 days tells another story but what can you do :D

For a bit of folk I'm going to Beans on Toast's album launch party on Saturday :cool:

Truth, but I chat on about all sorts of bands etc. not just Indie stuff.

Mind you the whole Courteeners/Gerry Cinnamon/Good, Bad, Queen/Friendly Fires over the last 7 days tells another story but what can you do :D

For a bit of folk I'm going to Beans on Toast's album launch party on Saturday :cool:

At the Cluny ? Should be good. Be walk to wall musos !!

Courteeners / Gerry etc are always going to divide opinion, no different to say oasis etc 25 years ago. It’s akways been like that and always will really.

At the Cluny ? Should be good. Be walk to wall musos !!

Courteeners / Gerry etc are always going to divide opinion, no different to say oasis etc 25 years ago. It’s akways been like that and always will really.
No it's in Nuneaton of all places :lol:

Aye fair enough. I dislike the pompousness of it all though.

Back