Jack Rudoni (rumour)

his ambition might be to continue to be based near london where he is from..and play for a club with play off ambitions..

in the championship?
The lad is from Cashalton (Surrey I think), which is a good way from Luton, so I can't get the London thing. The play-off's is more of an argument, but in that I can't see Luton being sustainable past the season just gone.
I would use the recent example of Dobson, although he didn't make it at Sunderland, at least he had the balls to give it a go with a big club, so when he finishes his career he probably won't have any regrets. I don't know how good/bad Rudoni is, but the chance to sign for a big club like Sunderland (forget what league we have been in, like Sheff Wed, Derby etc. we are still a big club), to me it's whether he has the ambition/ balls to give it a go, as he might not get the chance again.

The lad is from Cashalton (Surrey I think), which is a good way from Luton, so I can't get the London thing. The play-off's is more of an argument, but in that I can't see Luton being sustainable past the season just gone.
I would use the recent example of Dobson, although he didn't make it at Sunderland, at least he had the balls to give it a go with a big club, so when he finishes his career he probably won't have any regrets. I don't know how good/bad Rudoni is, but the chance to sign for a big club like Sunderland (forget what league we have been in, like Sheff Wed, Derby etc. we are still a big club), to me it's whether he has the ambition/ balls to give it a go, as he might not get the chance again.
carshalton may not be that near luton..but its a damn site nearer it than sunderland..

He might do well to remember that because you are near the playoffs one year it doesn't mean that you will automatically be near them the next year - look what happened to Barnsley!

Dobson came from Walsall. Have you been to Walsall ? It might not be the arsehole of the world, but you can see it from there !

Rudoni’s agent will be advising him about the move. Agents tend to have a focus on the immediate term for the very good reason that their client may never get a better offer and/or they may not be representing the client when the future better offer comes along. Making their 15% on the best offer ‘at the time’, is their main concern.

Therefore if Luton offer Rudoni £100 per week more than SAFC then over the course of a three years contract that’s an extra £2340 in the agent’s pocket. Simply put, SAFC need to first loosen Wimbledon’s grip and then win the numbers game against all other ‘suitors’.

I’m not sure that in a contest between Luton and Sunderland, notwithstanding the former’s closer proximity to London, geography and architectural splendour are going to be that important. Both being better than Walsall, though.

On a wider point, I have never ever understood the London thing. You would think we lived in a country the size of the US. A well paid footballer (Championship and above) can be in London within 90 mins on a private jet. Arguably no more time wise than it would take a player to drive from the ground to where they live. Furthermore, they play away every other week and they train for most weekdays.

It is just lazy media drivel. A pauper can be in London with cheap train tickets in 3hrs ffs.
So you don’t think there’s much difference between living in somewhere like Shoreditch or Dulwich and living in Sunderland if you were attracted to London?

So you don’t think there’s much difference between living in somewhere like Shoreditch or Dulwich and living in Sunderland if you were attracted to London?

Reads to me like he's saying it doesn't matter if a player prefers to live in London as he can just travel 45 mins to an airport and back every day to get on a flight to training.

You don’t have to live in Sunderland although there are many beautiful places, as there are all round the North East.

I know both of the places well, they are nice, well East Dulwich is although they are a stones throw from some absolute shit tips masking as ‘up and coming’ like Peckham or Camberwell for instance. Hardly the likely destination for a footballer.

I can understand a 21 year old wanting to live in an area that is lovely on the odd occasion that he goes out although that should be at the very bottom of his priority list.

You don’t have to live in Sunderland although there are many beautiful places, as there are all round the North East.

I know both of the places well, they are nice, well East Dulwich is although they are a stones throw from some absolute shit tips masking as ‘up and coming’ like Peckham or Camberwell for instance. Hardly the likely destination for a footballer.

I can understand a 21 year old wanting to live in an area that is lovely on the odd occasion that he goes out although that should be at the very bottom of his priority list.
on a footballers wage he wouldnt have to live in south london...

We have the best beaches, best countryside, clean air, decent shops and restuarants and if he is desperate for a successful nightlife the ladies of Newcastle are always accomadating.

London is just an hour on the plane if he needs to get back for a couple of days.

Whats not to like.

Back