Jack Ross’s tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a ridiculous analogy man.

So which of the managers from the last 8 years would you have persisted with?

The lad is saying you get nowhere by expecting instant success within a season. And, it took Ferguson 8 or so years to win the league, and they had finished 2nd a couple of times just prior to his arrival, so they weren't that far off when he took over.

So, why is it ridiculous?

The lad is saying you get nowhere by expecting instant success within a season. And, it took Ferguson 8 or so years to win the league, and they had finished 2nd a couple of times just prior to his arrival, so they weren't that far off when he took over.

So, why is it ridiculous?
I’m just not into entertaining the Ferguson model with Jack Ross, seen very little from him this season to suggest we’ll progress under him.

Apart from the keeper which other of his dozen or so additions worked?

The fact we played the second half of the season without a centre forward getting goals, but still kept in the hunt, tells you they pretty much all worked, except the centre forwards.

Did they? 5 centre half’s who he kept chopping and changing because they were inconsistent. Wyke and Grigg who haven’t been very good.

I’ll give you the keeper but to say most of the signings worked is a bit far fetched.

See post above.

The fact we played the second half of the season without a centre forward getting goals, but still kept in the hunt, tells you they pretty much all worked, except the centre forwards.

See post above.
Kept in the hunt? We broke into the top two once post Maja, a position we were rarely in when Maja was here. So which of his signings worked, obviously you agree not the forwards.

I know you ain't new on here but haway ffs :rolleyes: this is PF.

Whatever's said it's got to be twisted so the miserable fuckers have something to twist about.

How far does the team have to fall where the fans can express some disappointment?? How shitty does the football have to get to where the fans can question the manager?? You’d think we were in the top 10 in the PL, ffs!

Interesting point, so say you are in charge of the club in Stuart Donald shoes as it were, what would you do now, the seasons over,

Me? I would’ve made myself clear to Mr. Ross when I hired him what I wanted to see out on the pitch and the vision I wanted for the club...If Stewart Donald told Jack Ross he wanted to see hoof ball after outspending the entire league then jack Ross should be given a pay raise..

Time to move on.

The owners have set the target for next season and Ross will have to deliver.

It was all thrown together last summer and I expect that this transfer window coming will be a lot less frantic with targets having already been identified and the club being more settled as a whole.

We are where we are so lets look past the disappointment and get behind Ross.
Yeah I will get behind Ross and push him in the Wear

Kept in the hunt? We broke into the top two once post Maja, a position we were rarely in when Maja was here. So which of his signings worked, obviously you agree not the forwards.

Well, yeah, we did stay in the hunt. We were in the play-off final. Does that not tell you we were in the hunt?

And, we did that without a goal scorer for the second half of the season. 6 or 7 goals from Grigg, which we would reasonably have expected given what he has done at that level in the past, would have seen us promoted. That's what didn't work and the lack of a better option than Wyke as a back up.

Well, yeah, we did stay in the hunt. We were in the play-off final. Does that not tell you we were in the hunt?

And, we did that without a goal scorer for the second half of the season. 6 or 7 goals from Grigg, which we would reasonably have expected given what he has done at that level in the past, would have seen us promoted. That's what didn't work and the lack of a better option than Wyke as a back up.
We rarely threatened the top two all season man, we finished 5th ffs.

We were rarely in the top two with a goal scorer man.

I hope for all our sakes that this works as if Ross spunks the money this summer and we end up making a slow start then this will unravel very quickly for Ross and SD.

I’ve not seen anything to suggest that Ross has enough about him to turn things around and would have rather that SD had taken decisive action earlier this week.

Ross had 2 transfer windows. Those problems lie firmly at his door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back