Jack Clarke To West Ham/Burnley/Lazio/insert here

The most animated ive seen Clarke celebrate in all honesty yesterday. Speaking last week about how much he enjoys playing for Sunderland and doesn’t listen to all the talk. Everything points to a very happy player! Pure speculation here but it wouldn’t surprise if he signs a new contract. Obviously that doesn’t guarantee he stays beyond the summer

The most animated ive seen Clarke celebrate in all honesty yesterday. Speaking last week about how much he enjoys playing for Sunderland and doesn’t listen to all the talk. Everything points to a very happy player! Pure speculation here but it wouldn’t surprise if he signs a new contract. Obviously that doesn’t guarantee he stays beyond the summer
It wouldn’t surprise me if he does sign one but I would expect it to have a top division release clause in the event of us not going up

I’m now thinking, we don’t play with a striker because he is our actual striker, just plays out left and Rusyn’s runs are designed to make space for him.
I wonder, if and when he does go, we start playing a different way and feeding someone in the box?

I’m now thinking, we don’t play with a striker because he is our actual striker, just plays out left and Rusyn’s runs are designed to make space for him.
I wonder, if and when he does go, we start playing a different way and feeding someone in the box?
I think this is an under appreciated point on here. Clarke is the main man, he just plays left of a three, not centre forward.

Me son just sent a message (probably just to make sure I'm not deed) to say that Spurs and Man City have the most carries into the area in the top 5 leagues this season, for the whole team, Jack Clarke has 141 by himself, the most by any player in Europe, and double of 2nd in The Championship... bloody hell

Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

Me son just sent a message (probably just to make sure I'm not deed) to say that Spurs and Man City have the most carries into the area in the top 5 leagues this season, for the whole team, Jack Clarke has 141 by himself, the most by any player in Europe, and double of 2nd in The Championship... bloody hell

Great stat..

Is there a list somewhere

It was posted at some point before Christmas he’s miles ahead of everyone for progressive carried into the box

Apparently we lead the league in progressive carries, primarily because of Clarke. https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/stats/Championship-Stats#all_stats_standard. He has 255 so far, while Kyle Walker-Peters is second with 175.

After seeing these numbers, there's very little chance that he's playing in the championship next year. Based on the past two seasons, he basically never gets tired, is never injured, and is nearly impossible to handle 1 on 1.

Last edited:

Back