Jack Chapman RIP

kidderminster

Goalkeeper
The death of Jack Chapman; legendary paterfamilias of Blaydon Cricket Club, author of the definitive guide to club cricket in Durham ("Cream Teas and Nutty Slack"), erudite and scholarly English teacher (Springfield and Hedworthfield I believe), lifelong devotee of Sunderland FC (a passion passed on to his daughter Christine, also an English teacher) and charming, witty raconteur, has been announced.

Anyone who ever came into contact with Jack will know he was the kind of massive presence, personality wise as well as his imposing height, you'd always be glad to have encountered and would never forget. I'm estimating he was around 90 years of age & had been in poor health for some years. A gentleman of the old school; we will not see his like again.

The death of Jack Chapman; legendary paterfamilias of Blaydon Cricket Club, author of the definitive guide to club cricket in Durham ("Cream Teas and Nutty Slack"), erudite and scholarly English teacher (Springfield and Hedworthfield I believe), lifelong devotee of Sunderland FC (a passion passed on to his daughter Christine, also an English teacher) and charming, witty raconteur, has been announced.

Anyone who ever came into contact with Jack will know he was the kind of massive presence, personality wise as well as his imposing height, you'd always be glad to have encountered and would never forget. I'm estimating he was around 90 years of age & had been in poor health for some years. A gentleman of the old school; we will not see his like again.
His son John also a proper Red and Whiter

*The funeral service for Jack Chapman will take place at St John’s church Hebburn at 12 30pm on Monday July 18. The reception afterwards is at Hebburn Sports Club, still known to most as Hebburn Town.

Back