Jack Burnham

Jack Burnham didn’t fail three in a year.

He would, because ECB rules prohibit clubs from dispensing with players who fail two drug tests - they can however sack those who fail three.
Jack did fail 3 in total though for recreational drug misuse, although not over 12 months, very close to that. He was banned for 21 days on the second occasion with the club saying he was “injured”.

After the club stood by him a second time, he was then caught out a third time hence the automatic 1 year ban. If he’s caught again for a fourth time he will receive a 3 year ban.

Some probably quite rightly feel he’s had enough chances now but like I said earlier I personally hope Jack turns his life and career round.

Either way he has to count himself extremely fortunate that the club have stood by him.

Jack did fail 3 in total though for recreational drug misuse, although not over 12 months, very close to that. He was banned for 21 days on the second occasion with the club saying he was “injured”.

After the club stood by him a second time, he was then caught out a third time hence the automatic 1 year ban. If he’s caught again for a fourth time he will receive a 3 year ban.

Some probably quite rightly feel he’s had enough chances now but like I said earlier I personally hope Jack turns his life and career round.

Either way he has to count himself extremely fortunate that the club have stood by him.

We shall see. He’s been given an opportunity to prove his worth and I hope he grabs it with both hands.

Anyone know if he’s going to Australia this winter?

This debate is really starting to infuriate me! I can’t help but look before anyone says.. Anyone averaging what he did in the Premier League would be nowhere near a county set up. This aside, failing numerous drugs tests despite Durham sticking by him, shows he’s either extremely thick or couldn’t give a fuck!

We shall see. He’s been given an opportunity to prove his worth and I hope he grabs it with both hands.

Anyone know if he’s going to Australia this winter?
Australia is no longer a penal colony
Seriously I think it could be the making of him though given his past would there be any club prepared to take the risk?

Australia is no longer a penal colony
Seriously I think it could be the making of him though given his past would there be any club prepared to take the risk?

He was meant to play for University in Perth last year until the drug thing came out. I'm not sure if it was the club who stopped the deal going through. I went to watch a game last winter over there and they must have had all his gear printed, as the young lad from Somerset who'd replaced him, George Bartlett, was wearing whites with Burnham on the back.

He was meant to play for University in Perth last year until the drug thing came out. I'm not sure if it was the club who stopped the deal going through. I went to watch a game last winter over there and they must have had all his gear printed, as the young lad from Somerset who'd replaced him, George Bartlett, was wearing whites with Burnham on the back.
It was ECB who were funding it , stopped him and replaced him with Bartlett.

Back