Ivan toney

I'm sure we were linked with him in League 1 at a point when he wasn't starting regularly for Peterborough but didn't want to pay the fee Peterborough were asking for?
TBF he left peter borihgh for nbrentford who were at the top end of the championship at that time so probably he wouldnt have stayed in league one..

I'm sure we were linked with him in League 1 at a point when he wasn't starting regularly for Peterborough but didn't want to pay the fee Peterborough were asking for?
Not sure if I remember right but didn't Toney agree terms with us but wanted goal bonus and Donald would not pay it or am I thinking of a different player

he stopped being a newcastle player in 2018..which owner/manager wanted him for the division we were in then?
Jack Ross. He'd been mentioned when we signed Wyke. Only saying what I'd been told man.
by the time donald bought sunderland..toney was playing for brentford surely? ie a championship club?
He wasn't. He scored two against us up here. For Peterborough, was best player in pitch.

Last edited:

Back