It's funny how people see things so differently...

Probably a pen with var looking at it for ten mins, but I’m assuming the ref didn’t see the hand on shoulder, then dropping like he’d been shot probably had dive written all over it for the ref

If it was the other way round and 09 had done that to vardy we’d be saving bs penalty claim

Last edited:
Hate our players 'trying to win a penalty'. Just play football, lads and leave it to the ref. Ballards amateur dramatics were embarrassing.

Just sat on a train at Watford Junction and listening to 3 lads chat about footy. All 3 of them were talking about the "blatant" penalty that wasn't given in our game last night, and how in the Prem it would be a pen every time.

Then I look on here and see others saying, never in a million years a pen.

I can see both sides, but was a pen for me.
If that had been given against us there would be bastard hell on. I thought it was at the match, Saw the replay when I got in, Never in a million years.

This was a factor about 3-4 times in every game Quinn played for us.
The amount of times a free kick got em given against Quinn when challenging for a high ball with a defender was ridiculous! I always imagined the conversation with the ref was something like “seriously I am 6in taller than him, why would I foul him on an aerial challenge…”

Innocent is an interesting word to describe a nothingness in a football game, It was hardly wicked.

It's a contact sport and the suggestion that any contact would present a foul is, to me, ridiculous. Dan was on his way down even before the lightest of touches, and if that doesn't matter in your opinion then we should concede an absolute shed loads per game.

Onien should genuinely concede a penalty from a corner at least once a game

Knee to the calf which causes his foot to then clip the back of his own leg. The point in which the defender knees his calf it causes the defender to stop in his tracks, hence the jumping motion. It's clear as day on replay. And yet people still focus on the hand on shoulder.

Logon or register to see this image

If a pen had been given to them at the other end for the same incident I would have been livid & so would everyone else.
Nope. It's a foul.

Last edited:
Knee to the calf which causes his foot to then clip the back of his own leg. The point in which the defender knees his calf it causes the defender to stop in his tracks, hence the jumping motion. It's clear as day on replay. And yet people still focus on the hand on shoulder.

Logon or register to see this image

Nope. It's a foul.
Just watched that over and over for the last 90 seconds or so and struggling to see anything to suggest that is a clear foul. Fair enough if others do that's the beauty of football a difference of opinions. I stick by what I say like, if that had been given at the other end I wouldn't have been happy. I think most people would agree Ballard doesn't help the situation throwing himself to the ground like that, no need really.

Back