"It was another point on the road"...

It was a disappointing performance but what's the point in publicly dwelling on the negative aspects a couple of days before another crucial game? I'd have liked to see us be a bit more positive and utilise a talented bench more (and earlier) than what we did, but it wasn't the worst result we've ever had.

It’s a message board where we discuss Sunderland. Will continue to call it as I see it. If the board has been negative in recent years, then there’s a very good reason for that...

It’s a message board where we discuss Sunderland. Will continue to call it as I see it. If the board has been negative in recent years, then there’s a very good reason for that...

Criticism of Tuesday is warranted in my view. I just think it should be limited to the 24 hours immediately following a game, before moving on and focusing on the next game. As disappointing as it was, it will look better if we're to win the next four or five on the bounce.

Criticism of Tuesday is warranted in my view. I just think it should be limited to the 24 hours immediately following a game, before moving on and focusing on the next game. As disappointing as it was, it will look better if we're to win the next four or five on the bounce.

Jesus. Discuss for only 24 hours after the game? Seriously. Has SD gone? Parky? Are things suddenly rosier?

Of course, if we were to win the next 10 games then yes the forum would be more positive. It’s reactive to what is happening. As it stands however we’re already 7 points off the top, playing poorly, the youth not even getting on the bench etc. There’s every reason for us to be unhappy. I’m not limiting that to 24 hours after a game :lol:

I personally think we’ll beat Gillingham, however I still fear we’ll come up short again this season

..so you're suggesting we should only debate any game for 24hrs after..then no more?? What's that all about?

you were criticising those of us saying Parky was wrong person for the job after a couple of good results (despite average performances). Do you still think that after a couple of poor performances and results?

..so you're suggesting we should only debate any game for 24hrs after..then no more?? What's that all about?

No I'm not saying that at all. What I mean is perhaps there should be a shift from focusing on what went wrong to what we can do to get it right. That criticism should be more constructive after a day or so.

Tuesday is the most disappointed I've been in a while after a Sunderland by the way. I just don't see what it achieves to dwell on it immediately before another crucial game. Hopefully we'll see a big improvement from the lads.

No I'm not saying that at all. What I mean is perhaps there should be a shift from focusing on what went wrong to what we can do to get it right. That criticism should be more constructive after a day or so.

Tuesday is the most disappointed I've been in a while after a Sunderland by the way. I just don't see what it achieves to dwell on it immediately before another crucial game. Hopefully we'll see a big improvement from the lads.
So you are saying Parkinson is talking shite saying how good we were? Because that's what made it an issue again.

Firstly, I don't want Parkinson sacked... Yet. I did in the summer but not now a couple of weeks after window has just shut and he's brought in a load of players (despite none changing the 11 we ended up with last year).

But I'll change my mind quickly if he continues with this bollocks after playing so poorly. It's borderline offensive he thinks people are this stupid.

Mind, I get the feeling most of the comments were aimed at a certain player who was dropped.

..but Parkinson said "our passing was excellent" etc. Does that not set alarm bells ringing within the club????

So you are saying Parkinson is talking shite saying how good we were? Because that's what made it an issue again.

Sometimes there is a need to portray a certain image to the public even if you don't believe it in private. Ferguson was famous tearing his team apart but defending them in public. These comments should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I think we've made an encouraging if unspectacular start over the first six games and followed it up with two disappointing performance. I'd love to see not only a win this weekend but for us to really lay down a marker with a strong performance. The team is more than capable, in my view.

Sometimes there is a need to portray a certain image to the public even if you don't believe it in private. Ferguson was famous tearing his team apart but defending them in public. These comments should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I think we've made an encouraging if unspectacular start over the first six games and followed it up with two disappointing performance. I'd love to see not only a win this weekend but for us to really lay down a marker with a strong performance. The team is more than capable, in my view.
Of course they are - the manager isn’t! He’s a joke

There is, but Parkinson should've just left it. There's no reason to be doing it and bringing it up again over 24 hours after the game has finished.

it is true a good Manager will defend his players in public, but there are ways of doing that without blatant lying... the passing was outstanding !

Last edited:
They also lost at Rochdale

Definitely. The aim at the start of the season and start of every single match we play at this level should be win literally every single match.
I'm sick of us tiptoeing around it to be honest. Like a top to bottom acceptance of where we are - but then let's face it, we've got owners who know no better than this league and tried to con us into how wonderful it is from the off. It fuckin' stinks.
:lol:

Fuck off.

Last edited:

Back