It feels strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a difference a week makes!

I'd have taken draws against Lincoln and Hull in this run, so long as we could pick up wins against the rest. Not only did we beat a top promotion contender, we blew them away. It's the type of performance that's going to make the rest of the league sit up and take notice. We are Sunderland, and we are going up!

Commanding performance, whole team playing well, entertaining football, four goals and nothing to complain about at all.

Except for one niggle.

A fantastic result. Incredible result. I'm guessing the performance matched.

But yet we have only moved up a single place, and Lincoln didn't move at all, despite the 4-0 result. Has such a big score ever done so little to affect placing between the two sides?

What do we have to do to really move up the table if winning 4-0 doesn't do It?

So bloody frustrating. I want us in the play-off places.

Last edited:
We should have been 2-0 down before we scored *sort of tongue in cheek, but also true*

Not true at all
If they scored the first chance then the ball would have been taken back to the centre circle. A different reality would have unfolded and the second chance would not have occurred.
Of course none of our four goal chances would have happened either so you cannot say what the score would have been.

Commanding performance, whole team playing well, entertaining football, four goals and nothing to complain about at all.

Tonight you will go to sleep and have an awful nightmare.
Parkinson, Donald and Methven will be dragging you through this dark cave with a big sign welcome to hell, League two this way.
The relief when you wake up and realise it was just a bad dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back