ISIS attack in Iran

It's not an attack on the west so it's not as newsworthy to the west. Always been the same, for as long as I remember anyway.
It’s f***ing disgraceful, if a shooting or terror attack happens in America and one or two people die we get rolling 24 hour news coverage.

South America isn't in the radar at all for some reason
It’s not as exciting probably, newspapers and telly want exciting stories to keep you glued to your screen.

Apart from being front page of BBC news.
It’s funny mate cos I’ve just put BBC news on and it wasn’t top story, Corbyn was on, Iran got a mention, and then Chas and Dave were mentioned.

If it was an attack in America there wouldn’t be a single other story on for hours.

Goes on daily over there. Our news is too focused on Brexit and Trump.
It really doesn’t, Iran does not have terror attacks every day mate.

Now? It's been like this as long as I remember.
We see only what they want us to see

It’s funny mate cos I’ve just put BBC news on and it wasn’t top story, Corbyn was on, Iran got a mention, and then Chas and Dave were mentioned.

If it was an attack in America there wouldn’t be a single other story on for hours.

It really doesn’t, Iran does not have terror attacks every day mate.

We see only what they want us to see
Seems like you're the muppet only viewing mainstream media outlets. I'm really not sure what your point is here.

Seems like you're the muppet only viewing mainstream media outlets. I'm really not sure what your point is here.
The point is that mainstream media outlets don’t cover what is a huge story in certain countries the same way they do in others.

People won’t be changing their Facebook profile pictures to be an Iranian flag, or whatever.

The reason it's not really reported is that its not relatable to us specifically. If we see terror attacks in America we look and think it's awful and we think "that it could be me"

When it happens in Iran or Africa that is removed and they are just people in a far off land

The reason it's not really reported is that its not relatable to us specifically. If we see terror attacks in America we look and think it's awful and we think "that it could be me"

When it happens in Iran or Africa that is removed and they are just people in a far off land
It could easily be us with this though, it’s ISIS

You do know the BBC Persian journalists are banned in Iran don’t you?
You do know that news agencies trade footage and information with other news agencies don’t you?

It could easily be us with this though, it’s ISIS

You do know that news agencies trade footage and information with other news agencies don’t you?
I certainly do, but how would it be one of the top stories when their own journalists are not allowed there. They aren’t going to put it top of the news agenda without their own investigating it

I certainly do, but how would it be one of the top stories when their own journalists are not allowed there. They aren’t going to put it top of the news agenda without their own investigating it
So if an asteroid heads towards the earth tomorrow the BBC won’t cover it because they don’t have journalists in space?

f***ing hell :D

Back