is track and trace here to stay ?

might be daft question but will it get phased out after restrictions are lifted or will it be with us for many years to come ? I'm' alluding for example, if going on holiday in future, a concert, a wembley cup final :D, could be forced to cancel if get call from t and t . If that's the case do you deliberately isolate 10 days or so before due ?

might be daft question but will it get phased out after restrictions are lifted or will it be with us for many years to come ? I'm' alluding for example, if going on holiday in future, a concert, a wembley cup final :D, could be forced to cancel if get call from t and t . If that's the case do you deliberately isolate 10 days or so before due ?
Been here ages

You can't let the virus run rampant and still expect people to isolate, IMO.

I don’t think the economy can fully recover if it’s still in operation. People would only go out once a week to the biggest thing they have lined up, why go for a few jars at the local 5 nights before a big event you have lined up if there’s a chance you will have to self isolate? You’d just stop in the house that night instead ……

I don’t think the economy can fully recover if it’s still in operation. People would only go out once a week to the biggest thing they have lined up, why go for a few jars at the local 5 nights before a big event you have lined up if there’s a chance you will have to self isolate? You’d just stop in the house that night instead ……
aye, good point.

It never f***ing worked in the first place, its been an absolute disaster.
Blame the public for that

This.

It's totally unworkable - no restrictions means the virus is going to go wild.

You should only be expected to isolate if you have the virus - not because you were in contact with somebody who has.

Never blame the public for doing something you knew they'd do before you created the rules.

Blame the government for not enforcing the rules. And also for not paying people to be able to follow them. If your choice is bankruptcy or going to work with a "cold", you're going to work every single time.

Most people didn't have the choice of bankruptcy or going to work.

Most people who didn't were just selfish.

The successful vaccine roll out and future timely booster injections for the elderly and vulnerable should completely negate the necessity for track and trace.
If track and trace is here to stay then goodbye to life as we know it.

The successful vaccine roll out and future timely booster injections for the elderly and vulnerable should completely negate the necessity for track and trace.
We've always had a track and trace function though, it was just part of the NHS and for small outbreaks of illnesses.
The megapriced serco version just needs to be fucked off now, its pointless.

and this is the crux of me question, people are going to be scared of compromising themselves) ie cancel holiday/concert/football match etc ) in case put under ' house arrest ' .

I didn't mean the app. I never mentioned the app did I?
I meant the wider test, track and trace functions that are ongoing.
Wouldn’t know , I’ve never used it.

Always left my phone in the car when I’ve been out , not that I had the app anyway.
OP talked about getting a call to isolate. So he's not talking about the phone app. The app is entirely anonymous and voluntary.

Last edited:
Test, track and trace was here before Covid the problem in the early days was that we did not have the testing capacity in the country to test in the community hopefully that ability will be retained.

Back