Is this the most insensitive headteacher ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think you are correct but I understand what he is trying to do - even if it was a bit heavy handed. I'm damned sure he isnt the most insensitive Head ever. when I was at school teachers did not care what you got - I think everyone I knew underperformed. Now they do care and try to get every pupil either at the top or the bottom do do the best they can - this may because their performance is scrutinised and reported on but they do try to get everyone to do their best. It may be a bit too pressurised but it is simply light years ahead of the education I received and I would much prefer to praise schools than look for reasons to slag them off. I know people who have spent over £100K getting their kids through an education that is no better than the one my kids got in state school - this is something to be celebrated.
I agree he isn't the most insensitive teacher 'ever'
So we have agreement but his comments came over as not very thoughtful towards the less academic children or children with learning difficulties.
I am glad the school have apologised on his behalf

I knew it would be Tapping before I even opened that link. He's a fantastic headteacher, turned St Wilfrid's around in a year, but he's almost certainly on the spectrum. He's incredibly insensitive but incredibly driven.

Broke my collarbone at school and the head teacher took me to A&E in her car. Every bump in the road knacked and she did very little to avoid them or lessen the impact, the insensitive bitch.

Bloke seems a bit of a fool but nowt wrong with scaring kids with a few realities. (Whether they are true or not) Might get their lazy fingers out.
He's an incredibly difficult person but a fantastic head. If I had kids I'd want them to go to a school run by someone like him, despite some of his more unusual personality traits.

I did f***ing brilliantly in GCSEs (talking straight A/A* across the board) and A-levels, degree from a good uni... drive a shit car and my career's shit (mainly cos I chose to go into teaching). Fair few I know who have nice cars and flash houses have so because they married money, inherited money (or the house from parents before the prices went through the roof) or either grafted their arse off/financed themselves up to the eyeballs for them and haven't got a GCSE to their name.

That letter's a guy who's shitting himself he's not going to get the school to get the targets they need to get and has decided to offload all of that onto those lower down in the chain to give a good booting to - I bet the staff have had hell from him as well behind the scenes.
He's a man who had been head of one of the most consistently improving schools in the region. Last time they had OFSTED in they were rated outstanding across the board and this is only a few years after the school were in special measures when he took over.

St Wilfrids had just been designated by Ofsted as OUTSTANDING when he took over. The previous head had already turned it round.
The information was in the Daily Mail but was also on BBC Newcastle, Shields Gazette and Chronicle
No. The previous head was sacked because she had dragged them into special measures. Under the assistance of another bloke, I forget his name, Big T turned the place around and he been improving it ever since. I was working there when he first arrived. He's not a pleasant bloke at times, but I owe him a great deal and he deserves massive credit for turning round his predecessor's mess.

MLF as well, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's an incredibly difficult person but a fantastic head. If I had kids I'd want them to go to a school run by someone like him, despite some of his more unusual personality traits.

He's a man who had been head of one of the most consistently improving schools in the region. Last time they had OFSTED in they were rated outstanding across the board and this is only a few years after the school were in special measures when he took over.

No. The previous head was sacked because she had dragged them into special measures. Under the assistance of another bloke, I forget his name, Big T turned the place around and he been improving it ever since. I was working there when he first arrived. He's not a pleasant bloke at times, but I owe him a great deal and he deserves massive credit for turning round his predecessor's mess.

MLF as well, by the way.

I can add to his CV which you seem to nearly know.
Two years ago he arrived as executive Head at St Joseph's in Hebburn who were Outstanding in 2013, then they were designated good when he arrived in 2017. They are now rated as 'in need of improvement'. So his strategies do not always work.

MLF as well, by the way.
You and I both know that Ofsted isn’t fit for purpose. They’ve made their judgements before they even set foot in the door.

You and I both know that Ofsted isn’t fit for purpose. They’ve made their judgements before they even set foot in the door.
Regardless, I've worked under him and know that what he does works.

I can add to his CV which you seem to nearly know.
Two years ago he arrived as executive Head at St Joseph's in Hebburn who were Outstanding in 2013, then they were designated good when he arrived in 2017. They are now rated as 'in need of improvement'. So his strategies do not always work.
You talking about the CV you claim to know but got spectacularly wrong by stating he took over an outstanding school and not, in fact,bone in special measures? Pardon me if I take your knowledge of his career with a pinch of salt. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless, I've worked under him and know that what he does works.

You talking about the CV you claim to know but got spectacularly wrong by stating he took over an outstanding school and not, in fact,bone in special measures? Pardon me if I take your knowledge of his career with a pinch of salt. :lol:

You are spectacularly wrobg
If you check the true facts St Joseph's has Never been in special measures.
Now they are currently under Mr Tapping they are designated as needing improvement..
Those two facts above can be very easily verified..
I know nothing about his CV. Just that fact

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back