Is this finally Everton’s year

lots get relegated aving spent less than rivals..

SAFC outspent most and went down...
The 1957 Sunderland relegation came after the club were fined a then record £5k and four directors were suspended for “illegal player payments” My memory isn’t what it once was, but Sunderland were at one stage called “The Bank of England” Club. In my opinion (albeit as an “outsider”) that relegation was the worst of all the many youse have had to endure. As I’ve said elsewhere, I can’t for the life of me, understand why a club with the supporter loyalty and passion of SAFC has had so many barren decades as far as silverware is concerned, baffling to say the least.

The 1957 Sunderland relegation came after the club were fined a then record £5k and four directors were suspended for “illegal player payments” My memory isn’t what it once was, but Sunderland were at one stage called “The Bank of England” Club. In my opinion (albeit as an “outsider”) that relegation was the worst of all the many youse have had to endure. As I’ve said elsewhere, I can’t for the life of me, understand why a club with the supporter loyalty and passion of SAFC has had so many barren decades as far as silverware is concerned, baffling to say the least.
Aren't your team playing as you post?
Unless of course you are another Mag incognito😎

1958 ...

As I say, me memrees not what it was🤪 (I was a kid of 12 or so then)
.. Remember giving two of your lads a couple of quid on the train to work, many moons ago, so they could call someone to come and pick them up from Newcastle Station.. They'd been pissed up and got locked up at the SOL and the coppers didn't let them out until the coach left. No mobile phones in them days ..

.. Remember giving two of your lads a couple of quid on the train to work, many moons ago, so they could call someone to come and pick them up from Newcastle Station.. They'd been pissed up and got locked up at the SOL and the coppers didn't let them out until the coach left. No mobile phones in them days ..
that sounds about right for some of our blokes 🙄 You're a good man!

They'll be absolutely fine. They might have lost 10 points but that doesn't suddenly make the bottom four or five good. If there were 4-5 games to go I'd say start worrying, but there's like half the season to go.

If you look at their spine;

-Pickford, Tarkowski and Branthwaite are all good PL level players. Two have played for England and the third most definitely will at some stage.
-Gueye, Garner, Doucoure, and Onana are the right mix of hard working/dynamic for what Sean Dyche demands.
-Beto and Calvert-Lewin is the one area you'd say there's a big drop off from first to second choice, but even then, Beto looks a clumsy handful.

Like any team they've got their weaknesses (Ashley Young being the biggest) but Dyche has two good crossing wingers in McNeil and Harrison so he won't struggle to play mid-table football.

They'll be absolutely fine. They might have lost 10 points but that doesn't suddenly make the bottom four or five good. If there were 4-5 games to go I'd say start worrying, but there's like half the season to go.

If you look at their spine;

-Pickford, Tarkowski and Branthwaite are all good PL level players. Two have played for England and the third most definitely will at some stage.
-Gueye, Garner, Doucoure, and Onana are the right mix of hard working/dynamic for what Sean Dyche demands.
-Beto and Calvert-Lewin is the one area you'd say there's a big drop off from first to second choice, but even then, Beto looks a clumsy handful.

Like any team they've got their weaknesses (Ashley Young being the biggest) but Dyche has two good crossing wingers in McNeil and Harrison so he won't struggle to play mid-table football.
That's a good analysis there mate. Look, the 10-point deduction's made a real dent in what was appearing to be the start of a "recovery", but the knobheads/clowns (strike out whichever is inapplicable) in charge of the club have, by their incompetence/skulduggery (strike out which is inapplicable) brought a once-proud club to it's knees (on an organisational level) they broke regulations, they needed to be penalised...... the harshness or otherwise of this is academic. I'm sitting there in front of the telly when Ashley Young is playing and me hearts in me gob! This mess is going to take an AGE to put right, but I believe that the manager and his side can get the points we need to claw our way up the ladder. Whether or not I like his style of play is another matter, for another discussion, but results matter more at the minute. We've got the mother and father of challenges coming up this week: Geordie Arabia on Thursday night at Goodison Park, then Chelski on the sundee! (same venue)
You guys have got a challenge too next weekend with WBA coming up to your joint, they're one of your rivals for a play-off spot, but lost at home to Leicester I see, (GOOD!) I hope you can get back to winning ways my friend!

Bottom of the league
3rd off bottom 2pts from safety after having 10pts taken from them only 6pts behind Forset now despite the points deduction 😂
Unfortunately Dyche will see them right but they’ll fall down the hole one of these days unless the way they are run changes
Already have changed way they are ran net spend last 5 seasons yet the PL throw the book at them

18) Everton: £-27.54m
23/24: £36.23m
22/23: £21.7m (17th)
21/22: £5.56m (16th)

20/21: £-59.75m (10th)
19/20: £-28.38m (12t

Last edited:

Back