Is this finally Everton’s year

Well said pal! "Why would any Sunderland fan be bothered if they went down?".. good question my friend. I guess the answer I'd have to that is that it's only the small-minded and bitter section (that ALL clubs have) who would think that way
Now all you have to do is get above the Mags and make sure they don’t get Europe.

In doing so you will have had a cracking season. Cracking said in a scouse accent la.

Well said pal! "Why would any Sunderland fan be bothered if they went down?".. good question my friend. I guess the answer I'd have to that is that it's only the small-minded and bitter section (that ALL clubs have) who would think that way
It I wasn’t meant with any disrespect mate. I think Everton really are “a grand old team”, I just wouldn’t shed a tear if anyone goes down (even us). It’s one of the perils of what makes our sport great.

For the drop

I know it’s only the second game but struggling and finding it hard to score, the perfect combination for relegation

Not if the Premiership have anything to do with it. The fact they reduces the points deduction from 10 to only 6 shows how desperate they are to hold on to their precious babies and don't want to see them in the horrible cruel world of the Championship where they may be forced to play football.

Because if you thought Leicester and Burnley walked over the Championship at a canter where nobody couldn't put so much as a scratch in their season, I dread to see how Everton would do in the Championship. Nobody will be ale to get into their half.

It would be like putting a Piranha in a pond of Koi Carp and Golden Rudd.

Last edited:
Not if the Premiership have anything to do with it. The fact they reduces the points deduction from 10 to only 6 shows how desperate they are to hold on to their precious babies and don't want to see them in the horrible cruel world of the Championship where they may be forced to play football.
And they don’t want to lose the Merseyside Derby from the fixture list either.

In previous seasons when they’ve been in danger of dropping I’ve seen the prospect of no Merseyside Derby described as obscene. It’d be strange to lose it, yes. but certainly not obscene.

In previous seasons when they’ve been in danger of dropping I’ve seen the prospect of no Merseyside Derby described as obscene. It’d be strange to lose it, yes. but certainly not obscene.

Yet our derby hasn't been seen in years (the Norwich/Ipswich derby even longer and the Derby/Notts Forest even longer again iirc) and they don't seem to give a shit.

Doubt Liverpool are that bothered about the derby that much anymore, far more important games for them to win vs city, Man U, arsenal and the like. Everton are just another poor side to play/ beat nowadays

It I wasn’t meant with any disrespect mate. I think Everton really are “a grand old team”, I just wouldn’t shed a tear if anyone goes down (even us). It’s one of the perils of what makes our sport great.
No worries Marra, I know precisely the spirit in which your comment was made! you're a good man!
Doubt Liverpool are that bothered about the derby that much anymore, far more important games for them to win vs city, Man U, arsenal and the like. Everton are just another poor side to play/ beat nowadays
a wee bit like Newcastle United then???

Last edited:
Yet our derby hasn't been seen in years (the Norwich/Ipswich derby even longer and the Derby/Notts Forest even longer again iirc) and they don't seem to give a shit.
As we all know, there are only 3 clubs that really matter to the national media (and PL too) - ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal - and so their local derbies are the only ones that really matter.

Back