Is there a footballing god ? Lee Burge transfer rumour.

Well deserved chance to play in the championship. Only a true football man like Warnock and myself can see he’s way way better than the nar nowts on here. Watmore likewise. If Bruce had half of Warnocks scouting nous the mags wadve been in the ESL last week. Phew. Etc.

I appreciate the bar is below ground level but he's a far better keeper than Lee Camp or Jason Steele mind.

I agree he needs replacing as a No 1 for next season but some of the stick on here is OTT... people still refer to his mistake at the the SoL minutes after he was deliberately kicked in the head, he should have been substituted but then again Matthews is a helluva lot worse. 🤔
Was referring to Matthews re.the bastard love child

He’s nowhere near as bad as some like to make out. We’d likely struggle to get much better in L1.

His main issue, in reality, is we’ve had some great keepers over the last 20 years and people can’t help but compare him to them without the context of our current situation.

Disagree, he’s cost us a number of points over the course of the season. Blackpool away and AS at home being the most recent examples. Doesn’t command his area and his kicking is poor.

We’ve also had a number of poor keepers in recent memory and unfortunately he’s up there with the worst.

He hasn't been anywhere near as bad for us as people are making out at the moment. I've seen people blame him for looping headers into the too corner and shots across him into the bottom corner that Inspector Gadget would struggle for.

That said, I dread to think what he would be like in the division above, because he certainly isn't a great keeper either. Possibly OK as second choice?

Disagree, he’s cost us a number of points over the course of the season. Blackpool away and AS at home being the most recent examples. Doesn’t command his area and his kicking is poor.

We’ve also had a number of poor keepers in recent memory and unfortunately he’s up there with the worst.

He’s better than Camp and Steele. That’s about it.

But name me a better keeper in L1 or below?

I appreciate the bar is below ground level but he's a far better keeper than Lee Camp or Jason Steele mind.

I agree he needs replacing as a No 1 for next season but some of the stick on here is OTT... people still refer to his mistake at the the SoL minutes after he was deliberately kicked in the head, he should have been substituted but then again Matthews is a helluva lot worse. 🤔
Excellent post. I don't get the satisfaction some get from criticising. You can say you don't rate him without being horrible. The reaction to him getting on team of the season is just plain mean.

I guess it’s subjective, but it’s hard to know if that’s right or not.

For what it’s worth, I’d agree we need a new keeper, but I stand by my point that he is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Of course, all about opinions. He doesn’t get a new contract in either league for me and think both senior keepers need replacing next year.

Back