Is the 16.4 a success?

Didn't realise All Stars was tied in with the hundred? What makes it more surprising is that you are offered blast season ticket offers when you sign your kids up to it

My favourite line from the essay:

“Unfortunately for Deloitte (and the counties), they had not reckoned on the calibre of fools available at the ECB.”

:lol:

On a serious note, it’s very alarming to read that it has done nothing whatsoever to improve grassroots participation. Nothing whatsoever.

Quite enjoy it tbh. I'm an old fart and was dead against it initially, but the kids love it. Its a different world these days, the short stuff really gets them into it - there is too much going on around their world at that age these days to get them to sit still for more than an hour or 2. You could argue they shouldve focussed more on revitalizing the t20 i guess.

We played it in NYSD for like 3 seasons now and to be honest it’s just a bit meh. At club level, senior anyway, I don’t think it’s anything spectacular. One of the big differences being the bowling 5/10 balls has sort of being ignored I’ve found. I’ve noticed most captains just bowling a bowler in 10 ball spells whether it’s worked or not.

On a serious note, it’s very alarming to read that it has done nothing whatsoever to improve grassroots participation. Nothing whatsoever.
Nothing seems to though really, like the article said having all stars take place in may has them finish the course as soon in July and the Junior season ends, Hundred starts then theres no cricket until the following year,

I know it makes a lot of clubs money but Dynamos and all stars should be done over the winter indoors to get the kids picked up for the start of season,

The biggest problem that cricket has is its not on free to air television, and are now stuck as sky pays for the majority of the entire game

As each season has progressed I have hoped more and more that we get really unseasonable weather in July & August and September are glorious!!
Watching 8 crisp & snacks based teams I couldn't give a shiny shite about for the prime cricketing month of the year is disgusting!

Looks inevitable that some form of our domestic season will be sold to private investment.

Let's just hope they don't fall for another Allan Stanford.

It was embarrassing the way the ECB sucked him off at the sight of $20million (which we all found out later didn't exist).

Looks inevitable that some form of our domestic season will be sold to private investment.

It was embarrassing the way the ECB sucked him off at the sight of $20million (which we all found out later didn't exist).
Sucked him off and swallowed!🤮

Indians and Saudis for sure will buy the counties up, for me personally i think the games passed the point of no return, the only way 4 day cricket survives is if its funded by the short format game,

it will be 10 teams max playing mostly hit and giggle stuff, maybe not the hundred format that may move on but wouldnt be surprised if its the Durham Superkings in a few years, in fact for any cricket round here we have to almost hope we are bought up or will be left behind or worse still,

Dont see how the smaller counties survive

Who won the previous two seasons of it ?

Without doing a Google search and I’d lay any odds , nobody in the target audience could say

It has not been a success IMHO. The Idea that proper cricket has had to suffer for this abomination is disgraceful. When I played some 400 years ago we had a midweek league that had 8 divisions, we played 24x6 ball overs and had some great games. We had county players and Test players in the 1st division - it was a brilliant standard. They only have 6 divisions now and the 1st class lads have gone. In the Saturday League we were in one of 6 senior leagues in Yorkshire and it was good cricket. Nowadays the League has lost teams to the Pyramid system and I think all clubs eventually will end up in the system.

This competition has not grasped the interest of a lot of club cricketers.

Back