Is Russia really a threat to the UK?

That's why I asked if they are really a threat. We'd have to spend billions to match their number of tanks for example - are we really expecting an land invasion of the UK by Russia?
Not on our own obviously, but we need to be at a level to make them think.
I mean the British Army is down to 80,000 men!!

that we aren't a pushover. Russia are dangerous with Putin in charge. You think he sails his ships through our waters all the time for a laugh. They are probing all the time.
What threat is sailing ships through our waters?

That it wouldn't be a good f***ing idea.
That what wouldn't be a good idea? Trying to invade the UK?

Yes, but not in the conventional guns and bombs way.

They're cyber warefare division is massive and we're severely underfunded in that area.
This is where I think they are a threat, and the army isn't going to defend us from cyber attacks.

The british forces are only a deterrant when fully manned and well equipped.

They have proved themselves to be the best time after time in all theatres and majority of conflict

Unfortunately they are lions led by political donkeys. They are treated as cannon fodder and do not get the support they need when serving or if injured and also when they leave yhe forces.

They are effectively trained to react in a manner that is direct and that can cause harm. Then released without any thought of how they will live or react without their comrades.

If they are too few to look after the interests of the UK and our allies then yes Russia is a threat as the EU does not oppose it puts in sanctions.

Issues where Russia just invaded some sovereign terrorites show it is still a threat.

What threat is sailing ships through our waters?

That what wouldn't be a good idea? Trying to invade the UK?

This is where I think they are a threat, and the army isn't going to defend us from cyber attacks.
Actually it is, the MoD employ people in cyber warefare. Just not enough imo. Looked at it myself a few years back.

They’re a massive threat, but currently the biggest effort they’re making is by infiltration of our minds by cyber warfare. They’re doing a bloody good job of it too. They’re also incredibly adept at power grabs of businesses, and compromising leading politicians. All in all, they are busy attacking all of Europe on varying fronts. The military might is certainly there, which is why they like to tease us with their flybys, and ships.

Actually it is, the MoD employ people in cyber warefare. Just not enough imo. Looked at it myself a few years back.
Fair enough, but the report I seen was comparing our tank numbers and missile types to Russia's, not our cyber warfare capabilities. I don't think General Carter was wanting cyber warfare spending increased, rather bombs and tanks.

Back