Is life worth it

You might not think it but there will be a better day along soon.
Yup.

Need to remember that an attack of depression is no different to breaking a limb. It's a condition that can be fixed or at least helped. Need to remember that this feeling is just a load of errant brain chemicals in full flow skewing your reasoning, and the worst bit it that you rarely notice that your reasoning has been impaired until you're past the episode.
These days I can set a time on my episodes. Before it starts I'll begin binge eating which is a warning sign, then three days of not being able to look anyone in the eye for fear of bursting into tears, absolute lethargy and just wanting to stay holed up in my bed.
Lifts on the fourth day but my brain is still rattling then usually okay by the fifth. Sometimes the lift of mood is so pronounced it's akin to when an ice cream headache goes off.

Bloody brain chemicals.
Add.

As been said, exercise helps but when you're down in the pit getting the motivation to do it becaomes a vicious circle sometimes.
If I'm honest, I find just coccooning myself off from the world for a wee bit can help. Dark room, headphones on, watch YouTube or whatever on a tablet. Stress napping and sleeping too, just generally waiting it out.

Last edited:
Yup.

Need to remember that an attack of depression is no different to breaking a limb. It's a condition that can be fixed or at least helped. Need to remember that this feeling is just a load of errant brain chemicals in full flow skewing your reasoning, and the worst bit it that you rarely notice that your reasoning has been impaired until you're past the episode.
These days I can set a time on my episodes. Before it starts I'll begin binge eating which is a warning sign, then three days of not being able to look anyone in the eye for fear of bursting into tears, absolute lethargy and just wanting to stay holed up in my bed.
Lifts on the fourth day but my brain is still rattling then usually okay by the fifth. Sometimes the lift of mood is so pronounced it's akin to when an ice cream headache goes off.

Bloody brain chemicals.
It's different for everyone but I've learned that it's almost a 'cleansing' that needs to happen now and then.

I’m going through the worst time of my life and I’m starting to think is life worth the shit it chucks ya you
I and many others on here have had similar thoughts. I know that in itself doesn't offer much comfort and I don't want to undermine whatever you're feeling right now. Truth be told, only you know exactly how you feel but the fact that others have been though similar and we're still functioning and getting enjoyment from life means you can too mate. Whatever you're feeling is temporary and the most important thing is others know what you're feeling. People mightn't understand after you tell them, but they can't help much if they don't know.

Have a read through the depression thread and there's loads of useful advice from people with lived experience of depression and similar illnesses. The thing to remember is there are a huge amount of helpful people, people who appreciate and value you, even though at times your brain tells you there isn't and that sometimes it feels there isn't a reason to go on. I guarantee you there are plenty of reasons but the brain is a powerful thing and when it's not functioning right can play havoc with not only how we feel emotionally but also physically.

Keep taking, there's always someone to listen, whether it's here, a friend, a family member or a professional.
You'd be surprised how many people want to help when they know you aren't doing great. You don't have to say I'm depressed or whatever, tell someone you're not having a good time at the moment. Ask if they'll listen to you without judging for a while.

There's load of really nice, understanding people on here if you want to speak to strangers who don't know you, it's whatever you feel comfortable with. I'm a mental health professional and my messages are always open if you want to talk, rant, ask advice or get things off your chest, in absolute confidence.

I'm not a Sunderland fan (as a lot of you will know), and i openly disagree with a lot of stuff (football wise) that gets said on here.
But i have to say (and i've said it before on here), the expressions of empathy and truly genuine niceness and decency , and willingness to help people (by folk on this board) is truly amazing.

I’m going through the worst time of my life and I’m starting to think is life worth the shit it chucks ya you
It's worth it marra, as someone who almost lost a daughter to suicide and now has a happy and content daughter I can vouch that things can and do get better even when it seems like the only solution is the final solution. Don't give up mate life is great, honest.

No. It's crap. But think of it this way. It'll all be over soon enough (for all of us). And within a couple of generations you'll have been forgotten about, and might as well have never existed.

That's how I look at it anyway.

Last edited:
Need to get on the phone to someone ASAP mate. If what you're going through is not something you can talk to a friend or loved one about then Samaritans or similar. Whatever you're going through it'll be something they can help you with
I’ve rang my brother who I haven’t spoken too for more than a year he’s coming to stay for a few days thank you all

No. It's crap. But think of it this way. It'll all be over soon enough (for all of us). And within a couple of generations you'll have been forgotten about, and might as well have never existed.

That's how I look at it anyway.
Gerrin :lol:

Last edited:

Back