Is it worth putting Clarke back in the team?

A player is only as good as his last game and in his last game he got injured.

Of course you play him when he returns to full fitness FFS. Every game is a chsnce to improve his stats, every goal/assist could inflate his value

If we want top dollar he needs to come
Into the team and prove his fitness. Ian Harte can spout what ever shit he wants but a club needs to come in and meet his valuation. Yes the likelyhood is he will be away but nothing is certain. Jack Clarke has gave us everything and he deserves a good send off on the final day of the season.
We also need to finish the season on a high, a good run now could convince certain managers they have something to work with, with this team.

He's an agent playing the pay him what I'm asking or he's off game, as likely as not attempting to negotiate an improved deal for his player.

IIRC there's a lad on here knows him or his girlfriend, has he posted anything about what the lad himself wants? Where would he go and get regular games? The catastrophisers on here have the club pulling him out of a run of seven games in order to protect an asset, where does this spring from? I can understand it if a bid worthy of acceptance has been tabled but to indicate he's for sale to open up a fight for his signature, to attempt to push him out of the club against his wishes? Our stance on development and progress via sales are crucial to our plan which indicates we have an agreement to never stand in the way of our young talent's route to the top, I get that, we simply have to be of that mindset, but to move someone on we believe is integral to our progress, a player who may be happy here? I doubt it. If he does leave it will be because he wants to, not because the club are pushing him out the door.

Yes we'd be more likely to win a few more games but he's not going to be here next season and with this season basically being over now with no chance of relegation and a fairytale needed for the playoffs, is it even worth putting Clarke back in the starting lineup?

The club and Clarke will want him uninjured so he can go to the PL and whilst we will be bringing new faces in we need to focus on people that will be here next season imo, Mundle and what not, possibly some of the U21's who might breakthrough. I'd be inclined to keep Clarke on the bench and use him as a sub when he's back.
He's our best player so why wouldn't they play him when's he's fit. The lad has never talked about wanting to leave. We are just assuming he will leave because he's a very good player. If he's fully fit then he plays.

It's amazing how many people know the ins and outs of what our management and players are gonna do, the last I looked he still has 2 years left after this season so he's not away yet, play him he's our most dangerous threat up front and who knows he might just want to stay. He's the only one that knows, nobody does off here

An unlikely scenario but has anyone considered the possibility that Clarke would actually prefer to stay, if the club offered him a reasonable uplift in terms.

If it was the case he may end up leaving feeling that was what everyone wanted, including the fans.

An unlikely scenario but has anyone considered the possibility that Clarke would actually prefer to stay, if the club offered him a reasonable uplift in terms.

If it was the case he may end up leaving feeling that was what everyone wanted, including the fans.
nee chance imo mate, harte's already eaten halfway through his commission there, clem on the greedy fat gunt.

I can’t remember the name of the poster but someone on here is connected to Clarke somewhere. Knows his lass I think?

Sure he said he wanted to stay and, to be fair, Ian Harte even said they’ve been chasing a new deal.

Yes we'd be more likely to win a few more games but he's not going to be here next season and with this season basically being over now with no chance of relegation and a fairytale needed for the playoffs, is it even worth putting Clarke back in the starting lineup?

The club and Clarke will want him uninjured so he can go to the PL and whilst we will be bringing new faces in we need to focus on people that will be here next season imo, Mundle and what not, possibly some of the U21's who might breakthrough. I'd be inclined to keep Clarke on the bench and use him as a sub when he's back.
It's a tricky one. On one hand he might get a bad injury that would stop his move and on the other, if he played and played well and scored a few more goals it would add to his value. I would not play him unless necessary for some reason.

If we want him to stay then offer him an appropriate wage level. We’ve had months to do this. Adding £40k a week to his wages (possibly extreme I know) would be £2ma year. Surely that’s a better spend for the club than buying another Hemir or Rusyn quality player?

Back