Is Ghostbusters 2 too scary for kids?

There are sexual references that they sometimes dub out when shown earlier, mostly thanks to Murray ad libs.

In my experience all kids are different... I was absolutely terrified by an episode of Heart to Heart when I was about 6 for some reason but watched Deliverance and Alien only a few years later and was fine 🤷🏻‍♀️
Watched Boys from the Blackstuff when I was 8 and the rabbit bit was a bit much granted.
One of my nieces was scared by the Princess Bride while another at the same age would watch full on Zombie stuff happily.

There are sexual references that they sometimes dub out when shown earlier, mostly thanks to Murray ad libs.

In my experience all kids are different... I was absolutely terrified by an episode of Heart to Heart when I was about 6 for some reason but watched Deliverance and Alien only a few years later and was fine 🤷🏻‍♀️
Watched Boys from the Blackstuff when I was 8 and the rabbit bit was a bit much granted.
One of my nieces was scared by the Princess Bride while another at the same age would watch full on Zombie stuff happily.
I was petrified when I watched terminator as a kid. Proper thought a terminator was going to come crawling towards me as soon as I turned my light off :lol: randomly let the bairn watch it (at 9 years old, and I skipped the sex scene) and he wasn't arsed at all which surprised me

When Winston says “man I have seen shit that would turn you white” always gets cut out on terrestrial tv. Ghostbuster 1 tbf.
Overall I think it’s a family film, and it depends on the sensibilities of your family.

Last edited:
Well the villain was an absolute lunatic in real life. Dunno how true all this is and I guess you can look it up but the fella was meant to have been a nazi who became a pro boxer (ranked highly and was known as German Mohammad Ali, got DQd once for headbutting an opponent), think he was a wrestler as well. His father said he raped his stepmother, possibly being the dad to his own half-sister (sort of) who was jailed for drug dealing, pimping and beating up prostitutes.

Ended up dying broke and living in his car, one of the few where cancer was good enough for them by the sounds of it.

He was a pretty scary dude tbf.

Last edited:
The TV companies do have pre-watershed versions of a lot of films where scenes that could be upsetting for kids are cut if its to be shown before 9pm. This can mean that just a few seconds is cut from a film to make it a "U" rather than a "PG".

This could be an uncut/original version of Ghostbusters II.

Back