Is Alexandra Lesley Phillips racist or are her concerns legitimate?

To be fair I’m no Hercule Poirot but I can imagine 99 times out of 100 I’d be correct in identifying them, especially if we’ve included the type who exhibit the behaviour in the OP.
I'm not either but I think 99 times out of 100 I can spot a politician exaggerating a story to further their agenda.

To be fair I’m no Hercule Poirot but I can imagine 99 times out of 100 I’d be correct in identifying them, especially if we’ve included the type who exhibit the behaviour in the OP.
So a young or middle aged person who has been here all their life, an Indian for arguments sake although it could be any ethnicity, you could distinguish from someone by looking at them who had just come over, perhaps on a works visa.

How would you know?

So a young or middle aged person who has been here all their life, an Indian for arguments sake although it could be any ethnicity, you could distinguish from someone by looking at them who had just come over, perhaps on a works visa.

How would you know?
you wouldnt, you are just assuming that all brown people are lecherous and ill educated, and thats where it all falls apart and is patently racist

Look at this thread man. Straight away, racism.

I'll give you another example; immigration threads. Straight away, accusations of racism. If there's a thread talking about record levels of net immigration and someone is on there saying only racists care about immigration, what is that? It's an effort to silence the conversation.
You can talk endlessly about immigration without it going near racism . We have an immigration policy as a country
We control it ,we have guidelines
Etc . 90% of conversations on the topic unfortunately lack facts and reality so its not the easiest debate to have

Spot on.

I don't doubt that forrins have leered at her. I rather suspect however that white fella has too but she just didn't take exception to that.
I think there is a greater perceived threat when you have a huddle of men often speaking in their own language and leering and making comments over the group of white "British";lads in that you can understand what they are saying so can evaluate any potentail danger easier

Chances are both groups are just idiots trying to look good Infront of their mates

You can talk endlessly about immigration without it going near racism . We have an immigration policy as a country
We control it ,we have guidelines
Etc . 90% of conversations on the topic unfortunately lack facts and reality so its not the easiest debate to have
We talk about nothing else in this country. It's a national obsession to the point of mania. We voted to leave the EU and make ourselves poorer and a plank of that was on 'controlling immigration'.

Look how that turned out mind.

No idea, but she seems quite passionate about it.
I personally wouldn't dismiss what she's saying out of hand.
I thought the same until i read the line

"If you think she’s racist or xenophobic it’s because you’re infected by the mind virus, which is designed to STOP people telling THE TRUTH & having these discussions."

:lol:
Unfortunately, I think you've hit the nail on the head. The poster used to raise some valid points but has for some reason morphed into a hideous mutation of Hettonbot and GB f***ing News. It's a shame really.
:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
We talk about nothing else in this country. It's a national obsession to the point of mania. We voted to leave the EU and make ourselves poorer and a plank of that was on 'controlling immigration'.

Look how that turned out mind.
It's a bit like blaming the fans who got in for nowt because the turnstile operator was useless .

I thought the same until i read the line

"If you think she’s racist or xenophobic it’s because you’re infected by the mind virus, which is designed to STOP people telling THE TRUTH & having these discussions."

:lol:
The "mind virus".
Whenever I see that in any media, I stop reading....

Unfortunately, I think you've hit the nail on the head. The poster used to raise some valid points but has for some reason morphed into a hideous mutation of Hettonbot and GB f***ing News. It's a shame really.
I was celeb spotting in London yesterday and it took me an hour to work out it was Dan Wootin (spelling) I passed on the crossing. !
Not even counting him

Too many posters on here pretending that the prospect of their daughter walking through high streets at night wouldn't elicit a different emotional response based on the perceived ethnic background of the local populace.

Too many posters on here pretending that the prospect of their daughter walking through high streets at night wouldn't elicit a different emotional response based on the perceived ethnic background of the local populace.
For me, the calculus if my daughter was out late at night would be to assume she is at risk of hassle/ attack from all men. That is normal I think? While also acknowledging the vast majority of men wouldn't. But when it's your daughter you're always concerned she'll encounter the ones that will.

Walking anywhere at night is fearful for women regardless of the ethnicity of men.

That's why we get taught these things from a young age. Ideally get lifts or walk with others if you can. If you must walk alone tuck long hair into clothing so it can't be grabbed, have your bag strap across your body and hold it close to make it harder to snatch, consider carrying something like pepper spray or a rape alarm, if you get grabbed from behind drive your heel down their shin and strike the top of their foot as that hurts and you might be able to be released, be prepared to kick off high heels and run, and so on. Methods evolve, like using an app like Life360 so others can see where you are on a map. That's just normal behaviour for most females.

Last edited:
Walking anywhere at night is fearful for women regardless of the ethnicity of men.

That's why we get taught these things from a young age. Ideally get lifts or walk with others if you can. If you must walk alone tuck long hair into clothing so it can't be grabbed, have your bag strap across your body and hold it close to make it harder to snatch, consider carrying something like pepper spray or a rape alarm, if you get grabbed from behind drive your heel down their shin and strike the top of their foot as that hurts and you might be able to be released, be prepared to kick off high heels and run, and so on. Methods evolve, like using an app like Life360 so others can see where you are on a map. That's just normal behaviour for most females.

Yes. I have no issue with any of that. You're absolutely right but I don't understand how that relates to the point I've made.
For me, the calculus if my daughter was out late at night would be to assume she is at risk of hassle/ attack from all men. That is normal I think? While also acknowledging the vast majority of men wouldn't. But when it's your daughter you're always concerned she'll encounter the ones that will.

Again. I have no problem in accepting that but it doesn't relate to my point.

I'm talking a out probability and degree of threat.

Last edited:
Yes. I have no issue with any of that. You're absolutely right but I don't understand how that relates to the point I've made.

Again. I have no problem in accepting that but it doesn't relate to my point.

I'm talking a out probability and degree of threat.
Not too sure what your point is really.

Less concerned if your daughter is out late at night in a predominantly all white area? So the calculus is that a late taxi with friends and/or driving to pick her up from the club is less important than if, dunno, she was out clubbing in a more multi ethnic neighbourhood?

Back