Ireland test match

Safc_Luke

Striker
Be interesting to see the 13 man squad.

Chance to leave Broad & Anderson out and look to the future? Will they leave a couple of the "alll format" players out Stokes/Buttler etc?

Burns, Roy & Denly top three ?

Woakes, Broad, Archer & Anderson will be a right handful against the Australians looking further ahead.

Chance to leave Broad & Anderson out and look to the future? Will they leave a couple of the "alll format" players out Stokes/Buttler etc?

Woakes, Broad, Archer & Anderson will be a right handful against the Australians looking further ahead.
I agree, it could be used as a sort of trial game. Whatever, I looked forward to tuning in

nee Woody like after he destroyed the WI in our last test series? I think the first test against the Aussies will have Anderson, Broad, Archer or Wood and Stokes. I dont think Broad will play all 5 tests with the emergence of Archer.

nee Woody like after he destroyed the WI in our last test series? I think the first test against the Aussies will have Anderson, Broad, Archer or Wood and Stokes. I dont think Broad will play all 5 tests with the emergence of Archer.

Wood will be involved yes but I don't think he will start the first test.

Will be a quick bowler dropped if they go with Moeen.

Wood will be involved yes but I don't think he will start the first test.

Will be a quick bowler dropped if they go with Moeen.

More curious how Woakes who will behind all of them in the pecking order got a mention before Wood that all. Woakes certainly wont start first test unless there are injuries.

Saw a BBC reporter on twitter had spoken with Wood and he's damaged his side.

Hopefully nothing serious but they may well rest him for this one anyway?
I did see him grab his side during the final. I thought he was itchy but now this makes it clearer

More curious how Woakes who will behind all of them in the pecking order got a mention before Wood that all. Woakes certainly wont start first test unless there are injuries.

Good at home is Woakes. He bats too. They obviously like Sam Curran aswell.

Wood will get his chance.

I'd assume Anderson will miss this due to his injury. Try a different spinner to Ali given his form with the bat recently? Archer, Broad, Woakes to be the 3 seamers assuming Stokes plays?

Got tickets for day 4. Don't fancy my chances so would be nice if they could put on some sort of "meet the World Cup" event instead if there's no cricket.

Given the efficiency of Lords and the MCC, I imagine the World Cup will be in a cabinet with all the fanfare it deserves in the Lords museum by then.

Regarding the Test Match, I’m really looking forward to it now. Mental to think we’ve had all that international cricket already this summer and yet the Tests haven’t even begun.

Good at home is Woakes. He bats too. They obviously like Sam Curran aswell.

Wood will get his chance.

Wood is crocked and will miss the first 3 tests at least so that clears that one up. With wood injured and doubts over Jimmy it is clear Woakes may well have a role to play.

England squad for Ireland Test: Joe Root (c), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Sam Curran, Joe Denly, Lewis Gregory, Jack Leach, Jason Roy, Olly Stone, Chris Woakes.

England squad for pre-Ashes camp: Joe Root (c), Moeen Ali, Jimmy Anderson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler (wk), Sam Curran, Joe Denly, Lewis Gregory, Jack Leach, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Olly Stone, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

Can't believe they haven't picked Sibley. Muppets

Back