Iran invading Israel

Don't worry Israel bombing Iran is OK 👍
They've been at war for some time now and the British government is on Israel's side.

I don't know how much influence dodgy Dave had (next to none I'd suspect) but think western and ME diplomacy deserves some credit for keeping responses relatively low key given the level of hatred between the opposing regimes.

I don't know how much influence dodgy Dave had (next to none I'd suspect) but think western and ME diplomacy deserves some credit for keeping responses relatively low key given the level of hatred between the opposing regimes.
I dunno about that to be honest. The West basically lets Israel do whatever they want, and helps them do it.
It's early days in this. Will be interesting to see if Hezbollah in Lebanon get more involved. They have a serious amount of rockets.

I dunno about that to be honest. The West basically lets Israel do whatever they want, and helps them do it.
It's early days in this. Will be interesting to see if Hezbollah in Lebanon get more involved. They have a serious amount of rockets.
That's not quite accurate though is it? The diplomatic efforts have been widely reported and Israel's response to Iran's attack is in line with what Biden and some other leaders have been asking.

It’s like the little brother of hardest kid in school. Runs his mouth knowing he will get protected. It’s actually infuriating and I can see why countries in that region are angry at them
That will be the end of it.
Sounds like it. Pretty much wrapped up now

Almost as if Egypt doesn’t want hamas and their bs infiltrating into their lands
Their bs is already rife in Egypt - it's the birthplace of Hamas.
Egypt not confirming it seems very weird

They started work on the wall a few years ago when there was another push to destroy the tunnels used to smuggle arms into Gaza. I doubt they were expecting the border crossing to be the major aid route for 3 million people or they'd have planned a bigger lorry park at the time.

Their bs is already rife in Egypt - it's the birthplace of Hamas.

They started work on the wall a few years ago when there was another push to destroy the tunnels used to smuggle arms into Gaza. I doubt they were expecting the border crossing to be the major aid route for 3 million people or they'd have planned a bigger lorry park at the time.
And they’ll not want to make trundling over the desert any easier now the Israelis are putting the squeeze on them. Why else would Egypt put a fence, to protect themselves from fellow Muslims?

And they’ll not want to make trundling over the desert any easier now the Israelis are putting the squeeze on them. Why else would Egypt put a fence, to protect themselves from fellow Muslims?
al-Sisi said the recent work was to protect the Gazans from genocide, which would be the de facto effect of driving them into the Sinai.

As to putting up a fence, that began 15 years ago and was put in place as part of Egypt's compliance with its partnership in USCOM, upgrade work was triggered after Hamas was able to dig too many tunnels under it.

So there's two official reasons before going into the need to accommodate humanitarian access, the Egyptian regime's concerns over admitting large numbers of sympathisers to its main political opponent and regardless of identity, the economic impact of allowing 3 million refugees to settle on its territory.

Back