Ipswich top of the league

Goes to show what o know about football.

I thought they were average against us in both games they eventually won but they didn’t jump out at me as best in the league.

I’ve watched them in other games and thought the same.
Decent but same as lost top end team sin this league.

Fair play to them though.
They’re still hanging around with a great chance of going up.

They were in their home game but I must admit I was quietly impressed with them at our place. Seemed to have a plan and looked like they’d score goals

Reminded me a bit of Coventry

Me.

They are pretty average IMO. On the balance of play we should have got a couple of draws out of our games with them. Instead lucky Ipswich came away with 6 points.

They were lucky again today looking at the highlights. They should have had a penalty when Broadhead was pulled back to be fair but there goal was a complete fluke. The kid hit it with the very end of his toes and the ball slithered towards goal fooling the keeper. It was a very weak effort and he should have saved it. Blackburn had a couple of 'goals' chalked off, probably correctly and were unlucky another couple of times.

Leicester shouldn't have lost today. Vardy could have had a hatrick on another day, he was clean through 3 times. He hit the post, hit it straight at the keeper and then finally the keeper pulled off a decent save.

The are definitely getting the rub of the green from what I've seen.
Exactly how I see it too mate. Have watched them quite a bit this year and never been overtly impressed. Had loads of luck.

Me.

They are pretty average IMO. On the balance of play we should have got a couple of draws out of our games with them. Instead lucky Ipswich came away with 6 points.

They were lucky again today looking at the highlights. They should have had a penalty when Broadhead was pulled back to be fair but there goal was a complete fluke. The kid hit it with the very end of his toes and the ball slithered towards goal fooling the keeper. It was a very weak effort and he should have saved it. Blackburn had a couple of 'goals' chalked off, probably correctly and were unlucky another couple of times.

Leicester shouldn't have lost today. Vardy could have had a hatrick on another day, he was clean through 3 times. He hit the post, hit it straight at the keeper and then finally the keeper pulled off a decent save.

Ipswich are definitely getting the rub of the green from what I've seen.

They’ve got too many points to say that Keith. I think it’s a great story if they pip Leicester

The league it designed for the bottom clubs to go straight up

I’d say very poor is harsh

It’s been frustrating as I think we had a better team last year but I wouldn’t go that far

Some bad signings and bad departures and sacking Mowbray was a big mistake in my opinion

With everyone fit I think we’d have been close to playoffs, I know that’s not a popular decision like
We wouldn't like not enough goals I'm probably being negative but still, iv seen every game and can probably count very good performances on one hand.

We wouldn't like not enough goals I'm probably being negative but still, iv seen every game and can probably count very good performances on one hand.

I think cirkin n Huggins all year and Clarke n Roberts All year we’d be close like
We only had that really bad run recently

I think our fit first XI is really good,

Maybe a midfielder light

I think cirkin n Huggins all year and Clarke n Roberts All year we’d be close like
We only had that really bad run recently

I think our fit first XI is really good,

Maybe a midfielder light
Roberts was below par agreed about cirkin and Huggins who are excellent we haven't we had 1point in 7 under Dodds 4wins in 12 under Beale and 12 points in mowbrays last 12, mind a cm 2 strikers and better CB cover we can be much better next season we will have more money to play with when Clarke goes.

Roberts was below par agreed about cirkin and Huggins who are excellent we haven't we had 1point in 7 under Dodds 4wins in 12 under Beale and 12 points in mowbrays last 12, mind a cm 2 strikers and better CB cover we can be much better next season we will have more money to play with when Clarke goes.

Yeah maybe

Roberts can’t get a run of games together tbf

Broadhead- wouldn’t get a game for us. Moore? Not worth 30k. Going bankrupt next year read it on here. Listen good win today but makes a mockery of our shitty 5 year plan. This is a club that are literally half the size of us. Maybe RAWA can ask at the next meeting how Ipswich can do it in 2 seasons but we need 5?
I’nt football brilliant?

Broadhead- wouldn’t get a game for us. Moore? Not worth 30k. Going bankrupt next year read it on here. Listen good win today but makes a mockery of our shitty 5 year plan. This is a club that are literally half the size of us. Maybe RAWA can ask at the next meeting how Ipswich can do it in 2 seasons but we need 5?
It’s taken them 22yrs to get this far…………

Me.

You don't get lucky with 81 goals scored after 39 games.. That's an average of 2.5 goals per game. Complete and utter mental thing to say.

What they do get is they don't make it easy for themselves with 49 goals conceded which is the 2nd highest in the top half of the table. Atleast there's value for money at Ipswich games.

You don't get lucky with 81 goals scored after 39 games.. That's an average of 2.5 goals per game. Complete and utter mental thing to say.

What they do get is they don't make it easy for themselves with 49 goals conceded which is the 2nd highest in the top half of the table. Atleast there's value for money at Ipswich games.
Maths not your strong suit? It's a very small tad over 2 goals per game.

IMO they were lucky against us twice. They've been lucky in other games that I've saw and were lucky again today. A small sample but it still stands.

They were in their home game but I must admit I was quietly impressed with them at our place. Seemed to have a plan and looked like they’d score goals

Reminded me a bit of Coventry
In the first game of the season we had 66% possession, 20 shots and we bossed them for long periods. They scored off a mishit shot that was going yards wide but luckily went straight to Broadhead who swept it home. We didn't deserve to lose that day but luck got them over the line.
They weren't lucky at there place
I thought we deserved a draw on the night. Admittedly we didn't help ourselves by letting one of the smallest players on the pitch get a free header for the winner.

Last edited:
As well as Ipswich have done, they’re an example of a complete anomaly, not a standard to what everybody else should do. We outperformed the vast majority of promoted sides by getting into the play offs last year.

Leicester win the football league once. If they were an example of what can be achieved, not many people were paying attention, including them.

Me.

Hilarious post. So to summarise:

"I watched some highlights on TV and came to a quite different conclusion to the to the actually results of games"

Do you really watch much football without tainted glasses?

I guess not much - since merely a few days ago you had never even heard of Kieran Maguire.

Hilarious post. So to summarise:

"I watched some highlights on TV and came to a quite different conclusion to the to the actually results of games"

Do you really watch much football without tainted glasses?

I guess not much - since merely a few days ago you had never even heard of Kieran Maguire.

It's easy to see why he features on that Twitter account the Mags made with the worst posts on the Pure football section.
How on earth do you describe someone who's been top 3 all season as lucky. They started the season on fire, got humbled by Maidstone and got on with it without making excuses for the embarrassment in the cup

Last edited:
How many times does it need to be said? We tried to sign Broadhead. He went to Wigan as he didn't want to compete with Stewart and Simms.
You’re wasting your time trying to tell people that, they only want to believe what’s in their head in this place. Been posted loads of times on here that he didn’t want to come cause of Stewart and simms yet posters use a narrative just to beat the club with a stick

Back