IPL auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemanc

Striker
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/495911.html

See Colly got a contract with Rajasthan Royals. Morgan, Broad and Pietersen the other England players who got contracts.

Nobody signed Anderson, Swann, Wright or Prior. Thought Swann would have got a contract on the back of winning the 20:20 world cup.

Surprised Gilchrist got an offer, he was poor last year. Does he still play in Australia?

Gibbs and Mendis didn't get any offers. Chris Gayle must be pissed given his opinion on test vs 1 dayers. And Brian Lara?? wtf??

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/495911.html

See Colly got a contract with Rajasthan Royals. Morgan, Broad and Pietersen the other England players who got contracts.

Nobody signed Anderson, Swann, Wright or Prior. Thought Swann would have got a contract on the back of winning the 20:20 world cup.

Surprised Gilchrist got an offer, he was poor last year. Does he still play in Australia?

Gibbs and Mendis didn't get any offers. Chris Gayle must be pissed given his opinion on test vs 1 dayers. And Brian Lara?? wtf??

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mental to think Gayle, Tamin, Gibbs and Boucher went unsold, I thought Tamin would be one of the in demand players this year.

Mind it is funny Gayle didn't get an offer after what he said a while ago about test cricket :lol:

Mental to think Gayle, Tamin, Gibbs and Boucher went unsold, I thought Tamin would be one of the in demand players this year.

Mind it is funny Gayle didn't get an offer after what he said a while ago about test cricket :lol:

Yeah I'd have liked to have seen Tamin get a contract. Totally naive but the type of player you want to watch. Would be good for Bangladesh to get players into tournaments like this too.

Worth a punt for Durham in the 20:20's this summer? Got to be one of the cheaper options for overseas players.

Yeah I'd have liked to have seen Tamin get a contract. Totally naive but the type of player you want to watch. Would be good for Bangladesh to get players into tournaments like this too.

Worth a punt for Durham in the 20:20's this summer? Got to be one of the cheaper options for overseas players.

Have no Bangladeshi's been sold at all?, I'd have thought Tamin, Shakib and possibly even Mahamudullah would be worth a punt as they are all decent ODI players.

I think David's the better one day player to be honest. Destructive batsman and his bowling isn't the worst.

Agree, especially at 20/20 level. People will remember Mike's innings in the world cup semi-final last year, but thats the exception rather than the norm for him.

Can't understand the prices at all. In a test I might pay 1m for Hussey if it was a choice between him and Mustard (for examples sake). In a twenty20 I'd be just as conident with Mustard

It's a shity big bash. Little talent, lot of luck game.

a million dollars better?

Is Gambhir $1.9m better than Graham Smith? That's the point of an auction. The team who bid for Mike might have put in a token offer and nobody else bothered.

Although obviously I know Gambhir is a superstar in India and it's all a marketing game.

prices will also go on if they are likely to be free for the whole tournament I think a few teams got caught out on players playing 4 or 5 games then going back home yes their money was cut but the team lost the chance of having a star player for alot of the tournament. So players who are going to be available for the whole tournament probably went for more are they were more sought after.

I think there is a second round of bidding coming up too. I will be suprised if Swann doesn't get a contract then

Of course Anderson wasn't signed. There's no greentops in India, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back