IPL Auction Day

I don't get it. Apparently 5 English players got contracts. But I see more than 5 lads on the rosters. :confused:
I think those maybe named in rosters as alternatives to those that won playing contracts. Sort of subs who step in if a contracted player is injured, banned or otherwise unavailable

Also the others maybe on contracts from previous auctions

Who are the others you’ve seen apart from those who won deals?

I think those maybe named in rosters as alternatives to those that won playing contracts. Sort of subs who step in if a contracted player is injured, banned or otherwise unavailable

Also the others maybe on contracts from previous auctions

Who are the others you’ve seen apart from those who won deals?

Modern is on rajistan roster but not mentioned as getting a contract.

Currans shows the short termism of the IPL, his 20/20 record aint great like, played well in tests against India

Denly is a great buy

I think he had one carried forward from last season

Yesterdays auction was for players not already under contract
England players in the IPL
England Test captain Joe Root won’t be involved in the 2019 IPL but a number of his international team-mates have been retained by their franchises.

Sky Sports reports that Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler have been retained by Rajasthan Royals. Royal Challengers Bangalore have retained Moeen Ali while Chennai Superkings keep David Willey and Sam Billings.

England players in the IPL
England Test captain Joe Root won’t be involved in the 2019 IPL but a number of his international team-mates have been retained by their franchises.

Sky Sports reports that Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler have been retained by Rajasthan Royals. Royal Challengers Bangalore have retained Moeen Ali while Chennai Superkings keep David Willey and Sam Billings.
Good one. Confirms my assumption

Guessing cos it's nice for one of ours to see a good pay day. I agree and I reckon I won't be watching 1 minute of it all.
I read that stokes paid for a youth Durham team to go on a tour. He had that experience with Durham a few years back. It’s in this months cricketer mag. U16s tour to Dubai

I thought that was a cracking gesture

Back