iphone battery help

Dave Herbal

Striker
I've got a 6S, which I replaced the battery in about 6 months ago (not official battery) and it's been fine ever since. Nowt wrong with it, so I haven't bothered upgrading.
The battery condition is still 100%. However, last week it suddenly started haemorrhaging power, going from full to 50% in an hour of light-to-none usage. Once it reached 50%, it went into glitchy jerky mode and continued to go down. I've fully charged and fully emptied it since, to no avail. I just reset all the settings today, nope still the same issue.
Could this be anything else but a battery issue? I'm loathe to change it again and find it's still the same.

I've got a 6S, which I replaced the battery in about 6 months ago (not official battery) and it's been fine ever since. Nowt wrong with it, so I haven't bothered upgrading.
The battery condition is still 100%. However, last week it suddenly started haemorrhaging power, going from full to 50% in an hour of light-to-none usage. Once it reached 50%, it went into glitchy jerky mode and continued to go down. I've fully charged and fully emptied it since, to no avail. I just reset all the settings today, nope still the same issue.
Could this be anything else but a battery issue? I'm loathe to change it again and find it's still the same.
You can check in the settings under battery for more info. Check if it’s a particular app smashing your battery.

I'd count yourself lucky. A cheap battery could well swell up, burst and leak god-knows-what into your phone.

What does the ‘glitchy jerky’ mode look like? I have a iPad mini which I only really use for playing music in a dock, which the screen has progressively deteriorated into a nearly unusable state.

Just wondering if the symptoms of your phone are similar to mine.

The problem is that the apps now these days hammer the battery on old phones and yours is old, it causes the screen to get hot and the battery to drain, apple are making the 6 and 6s obsolete next year......And you will only get 6 months out of your battery each time, that will halve next year.

What does the ‘glitchy jerky’ mode look like? I have a iPad mini which I only really use for playing music in a dock, which the screen has progressively deteriorated into a nearly unusable state.

Just slow and unresponsive. Typing takes second to catch up, tapping is the same. I could understand if it was a gradual thing but it’s happened overnight.
The problem is that the apps now these days hammer the battery on old phones and yours is old, it causes the screen to get hot and the battery to drain, apple are making the 6 and 6s obsolete next year......And you will only get 6 months out of your battery each time, that will halve next year.
The bairn only got a new 6s this year. It’s a bit shite if it’s going to start dying that quickly like.
I'd count yourself lucky. A cheap battery could well swell up, burst and leak god-knows-what into your phone.
The battery condition is still reading 100% though. I read that it can tell a cheap battery and won’t monitor it at all, so that is puzzling .

Last edited:

They want you to buy a new one at three time the price it's worth.
Just slow and unresponsive. Typing takes second to catch up, tapping is the same. I could understand if it was a gradual thing but it’s happened overnight.
That'll be the bugs they've put in your software. Need to get saving herbs. ;)

Last edited:

The bairn only got a new 6s this year. It’s a bit shite if it’s going to start dying that quickly like.

The battery condition is still reading 100% though. I read that it can tell a cheap battery and won’t monitor it at all, so that is puzzling .

Totally understand mate.....It's a mixture of app developers making the app fancier with more content and Apple wanting you to keep up to date. My mate owns a phone repair shop and iphone 6 and 6s battery replacements have over took screen replacements in the last 6 months, which say's it all....

They want you to buy a new one at three time the price it's worth.

That'll be the bugs they've put in your software. Need to get saving herbs. ;)

I can still access/ play Spotify using my phone to control the iPad which lives on a dock. It’ll have to stop working entirely before I replace it as it’s only really used for music.

Try a company called Phone Repairz NE who are based in Jarrow.
They can come to wherever you are to run a diagnostic check on the phone.
Think it costs about £15 and they should be able to identity the problem

Back