"investment" confirmed as a loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCatts

Midfield
Quote from Twitter...

"Madrox, the holding company of #safc, have notified Companies House of a charge against its assets, held by FPP Sunderland LLC. This confirms that the FPP investment is loan and if it's not repaid or converted to shares, FPP get the club"

None of this makes any sense to me. Why would SD take out a loan to fix a lift and sound system?

They have to pay back more you would assume and neither a lift nor speakers will help with those repayments? It's all very odd to me.

Loans are typical to accelerate a manner in which to make money, not to heap debt on yourself, no?

So what are the outcomes in this?

As far as I can tell it doesn't really take us any nearer to knowing the plan. They've got a charge against the assets (which will be the shares in SAFC), but I'm pretty sure SBC (the lot that loaned Sunderland money previously, not the mentalist) had similar and they obviously never had any intention of owning Sunderland. So as before it could just be a secured loan that they repay, or it might mean that FPP are intending taking over at some point (no time like the present imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back