Internet outages and contracts

Wild Card

Winger
Virgin has went down at around 12 noon two Mondays in a row. Anyone else having bother?

I have a professional exam on Thursday at noon and don't have the confidence in them to maintain connection. It's an instant disqualification for me if I get disconnected.

I know there is nothing I can realistically do by Thursday but, I have never had this issue from an internet supplier before. What use are good speeds if they don't work. Is their any recourse for this.

Virgin has went down at around 12 noon two Mondays in a row. Anyone else having bother?

I have a professional exam on Thursday at noon and don't have the confidence in them to maintain connection. It's an instant disqualification for me if I get disconnected.

I know there is nothing I can realistically do by Thursday but, I have never had this issue from an internet supplier before. What use are good speeds if they don't work. Is their any recourse for this.
How can they say it’s disqualification if it’s beyond your control?

Just says in the t&cs any cut off from the live feed, is a disqualification. Deemed cheating I suppose. I would be appealing mind. Presumably that is the price you pay for not going to the formal test centre?

Can't you just tether from your. phone if youre worried about the broadband? Mine can be temperamental and I have hotspot from my phone for at least an hour a week when it drops

Just says in the t&cs any cut off from the live feed, is a disqualification. Deemed cheating I suppose. I would be appealing mind. Presumably that is the price you pay for not going to the formal test centre?
Get your phone set up as a hot spot ready to go in case it drops.

That's shit that mate until its sorted is there anywhere else you can do it ?

That's shit that mate until its sorted is there anywhere else you can do it ?

The invigilators were proper arsey last time, made me clear out my entire room apart from me, the desk and my laptop. Even had to take my belt off and show behind my ears. Not sure how I'm meant to write and check there for the answers mind. Work hav meeting rooms but with tea and catering facilities, I cannot just hoy everything out into the corridor.

I got threatened with disqualification in my last exam because I have an involuntary reaction to stress when reading technical work, where by I cover my mouth with my hand. Said I could be sending signal despite going round with my laptop and proving there was only a fat, lazy, selfish springer in house. Not entirely sure who I was meant to be sending signals to..
@Wild Card forgot to say good luck mate 👍

Cheers.

The invigilators were proper arsey last time, made me clear out my entire room apart from me, the desk and my laptop. Even had to take my belt off and show behind my ears. Not sure how I'm meant to write and check there for the answers mind. Work hav meeting rooms but with tea and catering facilities, I cannot just hoy everything out into the corridor.

I got threatened with disqualification in my last exam because I have an involuntary reaction to stress when reading technical work, where by I cover my mouth with my hand. Said I could be sending signal despite going round with my laptop and proving there was only a fat, lazy, selfish springer in house. Not entirely sure who I was meant to be sending signals to..

Cheers.
That's shit that mate , get less checks going to visit someone in prison :(

We had a 3 day outage from Virgin a few months ago when a contractor dug up their cable in the area.

Their compensation is around £9 a day but doesn't start until it has been down for 24 hours.

They are like that now, before you could only do them at a test centre. Now you can do them at home but they're pretty strict, disconnections are a disqualification,same as leaving the room or having other apps or other people in the background

Virgin media couldn't lie straight in bed.

They told me there was no fault on my service, but arranged to repull the cable from junction box to house - despite there not being any problem.

They also replaced the router and said there was no problem.

Then sent me 4 messages confirming appointments on different days to repair the fault they said did not exist - then they did not turn up for any appointment and denied there was any appointments made - despite them confirming the appointments in writing.

The engineers who turn up are great, their office staff are dreadful

Cheers.
Good grief!

Never even crossed my mind that education providers would virtually frisk someone's house for

And you're not allowed to even cover your mouth?!?

Is it a secret service interview?

What are these exams exactly?
Information technology and hotspotting

On a serious note I hope you get sorted and pass 🤞👍

Yes, these online invigilators can be a pain. I was supposed to do an online exam last year but I didn't bother after hearing about all of the checks and restrictions.

Back