intermittent fasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are doing more harm than good

Well ive been doing this for nearly 4 weeks now, although the times of my fast has changed due to work, and i have also cut the hours of which i fast from 20 to 18, leaving me 6 hours to get my calories in for the day, and im finding it really helpful to lose fat in places i find it hard to lose, mainly the lower belly, and lower back, im now at 13 stone 10, so would think ill achieve my 13 stone goal in the next 4-5 weeks,

I think after that, ill have a re-think as to what my goals are and see what i want to do,
Im not saying this will work for everyone, and somepeople might find it a hard thing to do, i can understand that as it hasnt been easy, but when you can see the results on a weekly basis it helps alot.

greedminds said:
if you fast your body will eat the muscle before it eats fat, fat is stored by the body as a last resort again starvation

ive spoken to my doctor about it, there is no medical reason to fast

I have a feeling you're gonna be ripped to bits in the morning, Walter :lol:

if you fast your body will eat the muscle before it eats fat, fat is stored by the body as a last resort again starvation

ive spoken to my doctor about it, there is no medical reason to fast

That's why fasting protocols have showed equal lean body mass retention as 'standard' dieting protocols?

Also, why does everybody always forget about muscle glycogen? It seems that most people genuinely believe that you'll only "burn muscle" or oxidize fat

If he is doing weights to gain muscle when at the gym, surely you need an intake of protein every 3/4 hours or so to help develop muscle??

Overall macronutrient intake > specific timing of macronutrient intake.

Just did a 36 hour fast just to see if i could do it and how it felt.

Always eat quite alot on a Sunday so i started then at 9pm through to 9am this morning.

Never really felt hungry maybe because of what i ate on Sunday carried me through until this morning.

I'm thinking about doing day on/day off food. I don't particularly want to resort to taking supplements for anything. Would this be a good way to fast and, if so, what should I be consuming on a food day?

If not can someone give me their opinion on what a simple but effective fasting programme would be?

I'm thinking about doing day on/day off food. I don't particularly want to resort to taking supplements for anything. Would this be a good way to fast and, if so, what should I be consuming on a food day?

If not can someone give me their opinion on what a simple but effective fasting programme would be?

Are you simply looking to lose weight or do you have other aims? If trying to lose weight then ultimately the most important thing will still be your total calorie consumption (although you'll probably be better off looking at it over the course of a week or two) and whether or not that results in a calorific deficit.

If its to lose weight then just have a normal days eating (not pigging out) after the fast day.

16/8 is one of the most popular protocols at the moment. Before fasting I'd encourage you to look at your diet firstly, because the fundamentals still apply regardless of whether or not you are fasting.

I'm hoping that after the recent popularity that IF methods have gathered that we will get an influx of research over the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back