intermittent fasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing this for 2 weeks now, basically with the shift I'm on at work I go to the gym at 8, get home for 10, have my first meal of the day at 11, which will be protein shake, 2 chicken breasts in a whole meal wrap, and a bit of lettuce, then take my amino tablets, then I'll eat again at 2 at work, same again basically but add a tin of tuna to that aswell, and maybe some brown rice, then I'll not eat again till 11 the next day, so I fast for 20 hours,

Been seeing some really good results by doing this like, losing alot of fat and also putting on a goo amount of muscle,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this and if so how long did they try it for?

Cheers

Because of the job I do normally I'll have breakfast, go the gym, protein bar, dinner at 3.30 and then not eat again until the next day. My body is use to this now and if I try to eat anything at night I pretty much have to force it down.

Because of the job I do normally I'll have breakfast, go the gym, protein bar, dinner at 3.30 and then not eat again until the next day. My body is use to this now and if I try to eat anything at night I pretty much have to force it down.

So how long have you been doing this for?? Have you seen any negative results? Such as a loss in size or are you getting enough calories to maintain??

Been doing this (or similar to it) for about 3/4 months. At first I found myself losing significant amounts of weight whilst my body adjusted, along with massive hunger pains towards the end of the day. However, this was whilst I was doing large amouts of cardio at the gym and was living on about 1000-1500 calories a day at the absolute maximum.

Obviously this was extremely unhealthy, but genuinely I felt absolutely fantastic. It's probably the fittest I've ever felt and the most confident I've been despite my body being wrecked.

I realised this was a very negative thing to do though - particulary because I was already slim to start off with and was starting to get even lighter. So, I started forcing down more calories so I hit around 2000-2500 a day and now I do very little cardio and almost all weight training. The result has been a significant improvement in muscle mass, yet I actually feel more tired and sluggish than when I was treating my body badly with the morbid curiosity of how little I could live off whilst hammering the gym.

I'm not saying what I did was right (because it wasn't at all, and it has set me back months in my goal for a toned/muscle look whilst being skinny) but just for me personally it has helped 'reset' my body and its eating habits. At the same time though it has given me a negative outlook on food, in that I don't really like to eat after a certain time now and struggle to eat fatty food without a very guilty and heavy heart.

Cool story bro and all that.

I'm an advocate of the 1 meal a day thing like.

I'm having two meals, but not big meals, as I say lots of protein and cutting carbs, my personal goal at the minute is to go from 14 stone 4 pounds, to around 13 stone, im well on my way to this.

When I get there I'll then try to up my calorie intake to around 2000 a day and add more carbs to try and build more muscle, and from what I'm reading online if I do this in a small window and fast for anywere between 16-20 hours before working out I shouldn't gain too much fat.

Shall see, this is the first time I've posted on the diet and exercise bit of the SMB but there seems to be a good number of people who know the score, so I'll keep posted on my gains or losses.

I'm having two meals, but not big meals, as I say lots of protein and cutting carbs, my personal goal at the minute is to go from 14 stone 4 pounds, to around 13 stone, im well on my way to this.

When I get there I'll then try to up my calorie intake to around 2000 a day and add more carbs to try and build more muscle, and from what I'm reading online if I do this in a small window and fast for anywere between 16-20 hours before working out I shouldn't gain too much fat.

The amount of calories you eat is going to be far more important than exactly when you eat them but if you find it easier to regulate your intake in that way then go for it. I only eat twice a day but I have a bit more of a gap between meals than you.

Horizon was about this last night. Quite interesting. Called eat fast live longer. On about fasting to keep body and mind young and reducing cancer causing conditions. At the end the bloke tried 5 and 2 where he ate normally for 5 days then 1 meal a day of about 600 cals for next 2 days. He lost over a stone in 5 weeks and his glucose and cholesterol and what not dropped considerably. It's on iplayer if anyone interested.

I've just cut down on my carb intake and down from 17st to 16st 5lb in 3 weeks. I'll have bran flakes on a morning, soup for lunch and a low carb meal for dinner.

gregthomas02 said:
I've just cut down on my carb intake and down from 17st to 16st 5lb in 3 weeks. I'll have bran flakes on a morning, soup for lunch and a low carb meal for dinner.

Is that all you eat in a day ?? Honest I'd be fuckin famished and feel dizzy. Id rather exercise and eat sensibly...

kingbant1 said:
Is that all you eat in a day ?? Honest I'd be fuckin famished and feel dizzy. Id rather exercise and eat sensibly...

I did feel a bit dizzy for the first time yesterday, I'm looking at other options for food so this isn't going to be permanent.

Last night I stupidly had a pizza and chicken kebab and feel like crap for it, it felt like it fcuked my body up putting all that crap into it and kept me up all night, I'm guessing because of all the sugar and carbs in it.

I've been doing this for 2 weeks now, basically with the shift I'm on at work I go to the gym at 8, get home for 10, have my first meal of the day at 11, which will be protein shake, 2 chicken breasts in a whole meal wrap, and a bit of lettuce, then take my amino tablets, then I'll eat again at 2 at work, same again basically but add a tin of tuna to that aswell, and maybe some brown rice, then I'll not eat again till 11 the next day, so I fast for 20 hours,

Been seeing some really good results by doing this like, losing alot of fat and also putting on a goo amount of muscle,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this and if so how long did they try it for?

Cheers

you are doing more harm than good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back