Interest Rates to rise this week?

Should have been lowered very slightly in my opinion. There needs to be some relief for lower to middle earners. They are the ones who fund small businesses and local economies. Everything is becoming so depressing in our live to work economy, its going to take years to recover from.

Should have been lowered very slightly in my opinion. There needs to be some relief for lower to middle earners. They are the ones who fund small businesses and local economies. Everything is becoming so depressing in our live to work economy it going to take years to recover from.
It’s rip-off Britain all over again. Everything seems to be expensive although I got a good deal at the optician recently.

It’s rip-off Britain all over again. Everything seems to be expensive although I got a good deal at the optician recently.

Agreed. I know people will be saying wages in some sectors are outstripping inflation but that is what for 1, 2 years max? Wages had been under inflation since about 2008. Plus the country has suffered massive austerity in its social and council services. It's depressing as shit.

I have had an official increase of 2.5% since covid and half the time feel like getting up and saying what's the point and leaving the profession.

Last edited:
And you demonstrate that by shitting in the doorway of hard working local business owners with a penchant for Tommy Robinson?
I like to patronise local business
Agreed. I know people will be saying wages in some sectors are outstripping inflation but that is what for 1, 2 years max? Wages had been under inflation since about 2008. Plus the country has suffered massive austerity in its social and council services. It's depressing as shit.

I have had an official increase of 2.5% since covid and half the time feel like getting up and saying what's the point and leaving the profession.
What profession is that mate (if you don’t mind me asking)?

There will be political pressure to lower but expect the BOE to hold them , if inflation dips again then that may then trigger a small cut , and can see that followed by couple more cuts during year , providing nothing unexpected (covid/war scenarios ) triggered inflation to rise again

I like to patronise local business

What profession is that mate (if you don’t mind me asking)?

I'm a tax advisor. I could move around and ask for bigger salaries but I don't like jumping ship each year for a pay rise, it's not my nature. Not putting up with another 2.5 or less this year mind.

I get more satisfaction helping people on here than I get from work at the minute .

I'm a tax advisor. I could move around and ask for bigger salaries but I don't like jumping ship each year for a pay rise, it's not my nature. Not putting up with another 2.5 or less this year mind.

I get more satisfaction helping people on here than I get from work at the minute .
You’re in a profession where you could quite easily get a pay rise elsewhere as well. Tax inspectors usually do well out of a move to private sector
You seen the new Wonka film where one of the chocolatiers is a Tory who gags at the mention of the poor :lol:
Ewww…poor

Last edited:
Should have been lowered very slightly in my opinion. There needs to be some relief for lower to middle earners. They are the ones who fund small businesses and local economies. Everything is becoming so depressing in our live to work economy, its going to take years to recover from.
The Bank of England's job isn't to stimulate the economy though. It's to control inflation.

One vote for a cut, but none for a rise this time around. Let’s do nothing and hope for the best. Inflation falling anyway , so the BofE has had little impact other than to make mortgages more expensive.

Back