Inter fans on Lukaku monkey chants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazes me that black players still want to play in Italy or Russia. Shows that money still talks in the football world.

Or it shows that players feel they shouldn't have to harm their careers by avoiding a major footballing country just because some people there are uneducated twats. That statement is a joke and the black players who play there deserve a hell of a lot more support from the authorities than they've been getting. There has to be meaningful fines and ground closures, point deductions if necessary, until they realise that, regardless of their opinion, making monkey noises at black footballers is the very definition of racism and is completely unacceptable in the 21st century

Or it shows that players feel they shouldn't have to harm their careers by avoiding a major footballing country just because some people there are uneducated twats. That statement is a joke and the black players who play there deserve a hell of a lot more support from the authorities than they've been getting. There has to be meaningful fines and ground closures, point deductions if necessary, until they realise that, regardless of their opinion, making monkey noises at black footballers is the very definition of racism and is completely unacceptable in the 21st century
Never suggested it was acceptable did I? I am just saying if it was me I would avoid choosing to ply my trade there.

Them seem unable to see that race is something you can not use as an insult. I don't doubt they have black friends and colleagues but they think if they are insulting someone it's OK to use racial abuse. You can't insult or make of someone's race, one has no control over their racial make-up. However if you're a red head or bald watch out as the righteous will see you as fair game.

The mind absolutely boggles at this complete horseshit

It’s up there with zenits ultras releasing a statement about wanting to be like athletic Bilbao but instead not allowing non basque signings, to not sign gay or black players instead. It’s the deadpan delivery that makes it all the more laughable. Quick look on google and they’ve been at it again

Never suggested it was acceptable did I? I am just saying if it was me I would avoid choosing to ply my trade there.

I didn't say you said it was acceptable, I didn't suggest you did anywhere in my post. You did, however, suggest money is the only reason black players go there (the comment about how money talks in football) when in reality they might think that is the biggest club they can join at the time with the best career prospects for them in a country where they will have a generally good standard of living and they don't feel they should have to turn it down because of the actions of some idiots.

It’s up there with zenits ultras releasing a statement about wanting to be like athletic Bilbao but instead not allowing non basque signings, to not sign gay or black players instead. It’s the deadpan delivery that makes it all the more laughable. Quick look on google and they’ve been at it again

The gay footballers really are becoming a problem mind. :lol:

Ridiculous
For a country that has given the world so much they don’t half come across as stupid sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back