Integral Garages

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTR

Striker
We've got a garage that's attached to the house - half of the garage is "inside" the footprint of the house, and half of it is outside, with roof tiles.
There are bedrooms on top of the half portion.

Does anyone know how likely the garage is to go under 0C in winter? Will it be influenced by having our hallway alongside it, and the kitchen behind it?

Basically, I just had the house painted, and I'd like to keep the spare paint in there - but in the past, I've done this in a shed, and the paint got ruined by frost damage.

Suppose the alternative would be the loft?

Our garage is attached to the house but not in the footprint and it never gets down to 0c

Reactions: PTR
Our garage is attached to the house but not in the footprint and it never gets down to 0c
Thanks.

My boiler is in there too, so that's going to add a little heat on a constant basis.
I can put the paint off the floor, next to the house as well, which should help?

We've got a garage that's attached to the house - half of the garage is "inside" the footprint of the house, and half of it is outside, with roof tiles.
There are bedrooms on top of the half portion.

Does anyone know how likely the garage is to go under 0C in winter? Will it be influenced by having our hallway alongside it, and the kitchen behind it?

Basically, I just had the house painted, and I'd like to keep the spare paint in there - but in the past, I've done this in a shed, and the paint got ruined by frost damage.

Suppose the alternative would be the loft?
An insulated garage door would help.
Logon or register to see this image

Thanks.

My boiler is in there too, so that's going to add a little heat on a constant basis.
I can put the paint off the floor, next to the house as well, which should help?
We keep our paint on some metal shelving and we’ve not had any problems.

I've got a roller shutter garage door. Is it possible to insulate them? Thought about sticking that thin silver insulation on it, but don't want it to knack the door when opening it.
Nothing really except a home made lash up job. The only way to do it properly is with a new insulated shutter or sectional door. It would actually make a helluva difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back